cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posts with multiple quotes feature testing

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We're excited to share with you something we've been developing - a new design for posts with multiple quotes. We've gotten some feedback from Community Mentors, and now want to get feedback from the broader Community so we've launched it here in the Community Platform Feedback board.

If there is more than one post being quoted in a reply, only the first quoted post will show, all of the earlier quoted posts will be available via a link on the post 'Click to see full quote.'

We've spent some time on this as a result of the poor experience when replies quoted multiple earlier quotes. 

After we've incorporated your feedback, we'll look to launch it to the entire Community.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

doug@ebay wrote:

We're excited to share with you something we've been developing - a new design for posts with multiple quotes. We've gotten some feedback from Community Mentors, and now want to get feedback from the broader Community so we've launched it here in the Community Platform Feedback board.

If there is more than one post being quoted in a reply, only the first quoted post will show, all of the earlier quoted posts will be available via a link on the post 'Click to see full quote.'

We've spent some time on this as a result of the poor experience when replies quoted multiple earlier quotes. 

After we've incorporated your feedback, we'll look to launch it to the entire Community.

Thanks!

Let the test begin
Can't wait to see this on my iphone after we get some quotes

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

Ok, wait, it's hiding all quoted posts.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

Hi everyone! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

Hi everyone! 

This is obviously not ready for prime time. (expands all the quotes when quoting, but hides ALL the quotes when viewing)

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

This is what you see when I reply to post #2, quoting labs who in turn was quoting doug.

As @berserkerplanet said: Not ready for prime time.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Is it possible that eBay staff are seeing this as intended ("If there is more than one post being quoted in a reply, only the first quoted post will show, all of the earlier quoted posts will be available via a link on the post 'Click to see full quote.'") although the rest of us aren't?  Here's what I see for my previous post, no trace of either of the previous quotes:

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.14.18 PM.png

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

A little trick that I learned a couple of weeks ago from loveyourimagination...when you see a post that is "in reply to" but the poster doesn't use the quote feature so you have no idea what was said before, you can just click on the "in reply to xxxid" and you will automatically be taken to that post.  This was new to me so if you already knew about it, sorry! 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I didn't know about it, and I'm sure I will find it handy in the future, thanks. But I don't see what it has to do with the new quote feature that is the topic of this thread.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

I didn't know about it, and I'm sure I will find it handy in the future, thanks. But I don't see what it has to do with the new quote feature that is the topic of this thread.

Hidy is still on topic.

If you read from beginning to end, starting with the OP’s post, you (general reply) don’t need to read the quotes over again.

It does need a little more work, but I’m happy not to see all the quotes.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Test.

All I did was hit the Reply button.  I don't think there will the a link in it though.   Do I have to use the quote button?  Guess I will see.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

Test.

All I did was hit the Reply button.  I don't think there will the a link in it though.   Do I have to use the quote button?  Guess I will see.

Nope.  No link in my post above.  😞

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

How did you do it? 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply