cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posts with multiple quotes feature testing

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We're excited to share with you something we've been developing - a new design for posts with multiple quotes. We've gotten some feedback from Community Mentors, and now want to get feedback from the broader Community so we've launched it here in the Community Platform Feedback board.

If there is more than one post being quoted in a reply, only the first quoted post will show, all of the earlier quoted posts will be available via a link on the post 'Click to see full quote.'

We've spent some time on this as a result of the poor experience when replies quoted multiple earlier quotes. 

After we've incorporated your feedback, we'll look to launch it to the entire Community.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

We're excited to share with you something we've been developing - a new design for posts with multiple quotes. We've gotten some feedback from Community Mentors, and now want to get feedback from the broader Community so we've launched it here in the Community Platform Feedback board.

If there is more than one post being quoted in a reply, only the first quoted post will show, all of the earlier quoted posts will be available via a link on the post 'Click to see full quote.'

We've spent some time on this as a result of the poor experience when replies quoted multiple earlier quotes. 

After we've incorporated your feedback, we'll look to launch it to the entire Community.

Thanks!

Let the test begin
Can't wait to see this on my iphone after we get some quotes

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

How did you do it? 

OK, I saw the link but now I don't know how I did it.   lol

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

Test.

All I did was hit the Reply button.  I don't think there will the a link in it though.   Do I have to use the quote button?  Guess I will see.

Nope.  No link in my post above.  😞

Ok

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

Test.

All I did was hit the Reply button.  I don't think there will the a link in it though.   Do I have to use the quote button?  Guess I will see.

Nope.  No link in my post above.  😞

Ok no

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Now

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Hi @rainbowcolorz and @loveyourimagination49

When responding to a post, click the Quote button. Quotes will be added to the thread in the post window, and then behind the link when you post, saving on scrolling.

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

How did you do it? 

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

When responding to a post, click the Quote button. Quotes will be added to the thread in the post window, and then behind the link when you post, saving on scrolling.

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

How did you do it? 

doug@ebay, ok so I just clicked Reply and waited for the circle to stop spinning and then clicked the Quote button and responded.    I will now click Post and see what happens.  

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

doug@ebay

I got the red duplicate banner. I just typed no a couple times for testing, my fault.

I was just trying to figure out what @rainbowcolorz was referring to.

Thanks, I actually like it, a couple more tweaks would be better, but ...

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

How did you do it? 

doug@ebay, ok so I just clicked Reply and waited for the circle to stop spinning and then clicked the Quote button and responded.    I will now click Post and see what happens.  

I like it!!!!!  Thank you!!

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

doug@ebay

I got the red duplicate banner. I just typed no a couple times for testing, my fault.

@loveyourimagination49, what does a red duplicate banner mean and how did it arrive? 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Oh my!

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

doug@ebay

@loveyourimagination49, what does a red duplicate banner mean and how did it arrive? 

I’m guessing because the programmers have no clue what they are doing?

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Let the test begin

Testing, testing....

Awesome!

How did you do it? 

I like it!!!!!  Thank you!!

Come on! This is ridiculous! We still get to scroll if we click on read quoted post. 😩 Not directed at rainbow.....

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Nope back to the drawing board. I take back the I like part.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Just love the helpfuls, kudos, very efficient feature, great change giving us that.

"Donald Trump gave up his wealth for America. Joe Biden gave up America for his wealth."
Message 30 of 31
latest reply