Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 71 helpful

Carlto Ware Charger

I recently bought this Carlton Ware charger at a local auction. I have researched several sites, and have not been able to come up with a name for the pattern. The birds appear to be Birds of Paradise and there is a similar pattern but, that doesn't ...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help with Gorham/Durbin Cake/Cheese Servers

These two servers were in a collection of sterling pieces having the Durbin "D" mark but these two are only marked "Steel" where the blade swells to meet the handle. They seem to be clearly the Fairfax design. Are they Durbin and are they likely all ...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Vintage Light Green Frosted Glass w/Pedestal Shaped Like an Egg w/Lid

Hi eBay Community!I purchased these two items the other day and can't figure out what they are or who made them and would appreciated any insight. These are frosted satin finish glass eggs with a lid and have pedestals. They are light green eggs with...

IMG_0338 egg 1.jpg IMG_0337 egg 2.jpg

Snowbaby figurines.

I have a client that I work with who would like to sell her huge collection of Snowbaby figurines. She estimates about $40,000+ worth. I believe she has the boxes they came in also.I have no clue how to go about selling these other than contacting yo...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Miniature scene on porcelain

I'm trying to track down the maker of this tiny scene on porcelain. The frame is 12K gold and made by H. F. Barrows Co. The piece of porcelain is stamped with numbers--but I've come up empty-handed in my searches for what they mean. Numbers stamped o...

Is this kokeshi doll old any information?

Hi all found this beauty was wondering if anyone can read the mark on the bottom,and if she would be old , there is also a faint mark on the side don't know if this is part of the design, thank you

Resolved! Help w signature glass lamp

Hi,im helping a friend w an estate. He has a 6.5’ blown glass fish lamp with a signature but Im having a hard time deciphering it. Thanks anyone if you can help!

F6F656A4-38D8-49DD-AD69-448D36290C10.jpeg D606EA34-D754-4696-9B20-2C4D473867F2.jpeg 3274F01C-CD3B-40FB-89B3-AC92A88EC136.jpeg

Resolved! Auction or Buy It Now for Fine Art Sales?

I know this is a complicated question.I am going to be selling some artwork - painting, woodcut, silkscreens, photographs that were originally purchased by me and I hope to sell in the $1,000-5,000 range each.Is there any criteria or common understan...

Artwork - Is this written in French?

Hello. I have a mystery sheet of hand-drawn artwork (front & back,)ca. 1800s?I can't read the writing. Is it written in French?Any help very appreciated!Thanks.hand-drawn artwork (front & back,)ca. 1800s?I can't read the writing. Is it written in Fre...

frenchz.jpg frenchb.jpg frenchc.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors