Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 71 helpful

Need help to read name on glass vase

I have a beautiful glass vase with a name on the bottom and on the base that I cannot read. Does anyone recognize this signature or the vase? The one etched on the bottom is ??? New York. Can't read the first part. Can't read any of the name on the s...

IMG_4019.JPG IMG_4021.JPG IMG_4022.JPG IMG_4024.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

CHINESE POTTERY SCAM is back! nice photos on the listing, and send you something else!

I have seen some interesting vase for sale on more than one sellers and decided to buy some pottery. result: after weeks of waiting, i received the packages and systematically, my disappointment was immediate. The piece of pottery received, WAS DIFFE...

Can someone give me info on this painting? An old African portret.

Hi all! I hope you all are in good health, and are enjoying your weekend! This week I bought a couple of paintings at a local auction house. Amongst them , the one depicted on the photos . In was in an -resumble-old frame. (I took it out to re-frame ...

IMG_1261.jpg IMG_1256.jpg IMG_1258.jpg IMG_1257.jpg
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need help identifying Talavera pottery

Hello, AllI inherited a collection of pottery and am trying to identify it. From the mark on the bottom of all of the pieces, I've learned that it's Talavera pottery from Puebla, Mexico. This makes sense because the relative who left it to me made se...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blue Ridge lampshade

I recently found a lampshade in the Blue Ridge (china) Stanhome Ivy pattern. I haven't been able to locate any information about it and hope that someone can help. Any suggestions with regard to this item would be appreciated. The measurements are 12...

BRlampshade.jpg
User avatar by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone know bold stamp open hand globe & eye Italian modern pottery?

I used to know who made this stuff. It is mass-market. It is a boldly painted black on green lemonade jug with a big black stamp on the base.Mark is an open hand with the palm taken up with a globe and a tiny eye at the tip of the middle finger, look...

Help identify this clown bowl and spoon set

Hi, has anyone ever seen a bowl and spoon set like this? I thought maybe Lefton's but not sure. The only marking is on the spoon handle which says "stainless steel JAPAN".Any help is appreciated. TIA

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors