cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legit Staffordshire dogs?

Is there any such thing anymore? If these two actually are real, do the holes negate any potential value? I paid $3.50, so no harm done. TIA

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Legit Staffordshire dogs?

This will help you decide for yourself, and it makes for very good reading and future reference:

https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Staffordshire-Dogs

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

This will help you decide for yourself, and it makes for very good reading and future reference:

https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Staffordshire-Dogs

"... the island of England today..."  grimacing

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I loved that opening line:  "If all the dogs sold as English Staffordshire were really made of English clay, the island of England today would be about the size of a tea caddy."

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

I loved that opening line:  "If all the dogs sold as English Staffordshire were really made of English clay, the island of England today would be about the size of a tea caddy."

You only love it because you aren't Scottish. grinning Since when has England been an island, I'd like to ask?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

You only love it because you aren't Scottish. grinning Since when has England been an island, I'd like to ask?

Oh, gosh!  I was so focused on the bit about the amount of clay extracted to make 500 zillion "Staffordshire" dogs that I didn't really catch that.   I feel a right numpty.  But now... Now I'm outraged!  OUTRAGED, I say!  APPALLED and outraged!    (Will that do?)

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

heh...Aren't you both ignoring the dragon in the room?

Agree tho that apart from geographical ignorance it is a great line & a useful reference.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yeah, and what's with the three running legs?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

Yeah, and what's with the three running legs?

Where did you see this? In your own house/garden? Were you able to get a video?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Isle of Man flag (found it on the internets)!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

Isle of Man flag (found it on the internets)!

I know, I just wanted to make sure you weren't hallucinating. grinning

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have looked there, otherwise I would have automatically assumed them fake. However, the sole reply I got in a fb group was that they are fake because they're not painted on the back. They check most other boxes, though. The most aggravating thing is that google is wrong about the one antique appraiser that's supposed to exist in my area. It doesn't.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Post this to the Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain board, too, if you haven't already done so:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Pottery-Glass-Porcelain/bd-p/275

Message 13 of 13
latest reply