cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

unbelievable... somebody dinged me on shipping time...

i have EVERY package in the hands of the USPS within 24 hours of payment, unless payment is received after about noon on Saturday...

i guess i'm supposed to hand-deliver them immediately after payment...

Message 11716 of 11,869
latest reply

Don't know why my picture is on top of the page. Haven't post here for a while. I wonder if losing the political boxing thread has had something to do with the lack of postings here? Sure miss the old crowd and I have to admit even IJ. He had some interesting view on politics. Very colorful. I always thought he was "the little old lady from Pasadena" Well it's almost time for Columbo. Oh just one more thing sir. I hear Trump gave a purple heart to some soldier at Walter Reed?
Message 11717 of 11,869
latest reply

Hello got a question I found a 1931 s penny with the lincoln memorial on back but can't find it anywhere on internet swinnie30@aol.com.
Ed harmon
Message 11718 of 11,869
latest reply

@southernstargems wrote:

@*smedley* wrote:

CP&M seems to have died... no new posts in 4 or 5 days...

not much new on the nusimatic front... just ordered a refurbished laptop to replace my current one...

It has taken me a few days to figure out how to find this board again.  I had to go through My eBay Summary and click on one of my past posts in order to get here.

eBay corporate motto:  We're not happy until you're not happy.

Librium corporate motto:  If it isn't broke, fix it anyway.

My mistake.  I meant to say "Lithium corporate motto".  Then again, when you are talking about a company that takes it's name from a drug that is used to treat mental illness, does it really matter?

Message 11719 of 11,869
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

unbelievable... somebody dinged me on shipping time...

i have EVERY package in the hands of the USPS within 24 hours of payment, unless payment is received after about noon on Saturday...

i guess i'm supposed to hand-deliver them immediately after payment...

I'm probably in for a similar fate.

April 10 I shipped a handful of baseball cards from Ohio to Illinois (plain white envelope, no tracking).  On the 18th I got a note from the buyer that they hadn't arrived.  I asked for a few more days, and reassured him he'd get a refund if they never showed.  I sent him a message on the 23d, asking if they had arrived, and he said yes, he'd just gotten them the day before.  12 days to go 350 miles.

That hasn't happened to me in a while, and I have no FB yet, but I'm not terribly optimistic.  Like you, I always get them posted within 24 hrs except for Saturday sales, and the occasional time I leave town for a 3 day weekend and someone happens to make a Friday purchase on a BIN item.

Message 11720 of 11,869
latest reply

@ejarmo-0 wrote:
Hello got a question I found a 1931 s penny with the lincoln memorial on back but can't find it anywhere on internet swinnie30@aol.com.
Ed harmon

It is most likely an altered 1981.  The Lincoln Memorial was not added to the reverse until 1959.

Message 11721 of 11,869
latest reply

And A big hello to you to you too.tdz.

I remember you from the board of the Sports Trading Cards.that is what you were doing when I started there.Maybe you came latter.I was with those as you put it (EXPERTS)15 years

You are right I talked to Mr Bud Mr Mint.Just before he died.His Son wrote me an email and said Dad Past Away Last Night.

I'm not over it yet.he was Husband ,Father, And Friend,plus Mr Sports......He Helped everyone.unless you got on the wrong side like a Troll.He ate them for dinner.

There  will never be a Greater Man Then He.He Love Everyone,unless you would decide to kick someone on the board.Then ----------------

are board had at least 22 to 50 respond to a message.Everyone got along.

Why is it just the same folks here on the board day after day? 

There is an other board for coins ,that is where I see the same people ,from the 1st vist for me.

Who is the other person that past ? I haven't been back there since Bud Died.Please tell me.

By the way I only knew about my name comeing up because someone sent me a message.from here.

i am a Coin Seller as of this week.With the help of another great man,worked with me for the last year.for free.I am now a rookie

number (you know I can't spell) I was to busy chasing boys.He....he.......

Error coins take an expert to find it all.i will list non error coins .Not much.

I will go full swing soon. I will e away from my desk from

May 2nd - May20th.Then everyday  I will list until they are gone.

I Thank you for remembering me in the same breath as he.

I miss he so much.And his Wife.

Lindy Roars

PS to find your board page -- Bookmark it,that easy.

Message 11722 of 11,869
latest reply

OK, I admit it I'm a coin hunter! Dam youtube go me going now it's most all I can think about. Ever since I saw the megabucks American 1970's quarter stamped over a Canadian 25c.  Anyway since I don't really know what I'm doing for sure I'd like to start posting my finds. For anyone to let me know if it's back to the bank or sell it. Here's on of my first,

Message 11723 of 11,869
latest reply

New people don`t come here or if they do they don`t return because the reorganisation of the forums has been made too difficult to find it.

They broke the navigation to the Board, this is the first time in weeks I've been able to get it to load!

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 11724 of 11,869
latest reply

@spacificproducts wrote:

OK, I admit it I'm a coin hunter! Dam youtube go me going now it's most all I can think about. Ever since I saw the megabucks American 1970's quarter stamped over a Canadian 25c.  Anyway since I don't really know what I'm doing for sure I'd like to start posting my finds. For anyone to let me know if it's back to the bank or sell it. Here's on of my first,

It's a mushy looking strike.  A lot of dimes end up looking like that.  Sometimes it's caused by the mint striking a Type 1 planchet (a blank that hasn't been through the rolling machine to upset the edges prior to striking)... the edge of the coin will look very sharp on one side of the coin if this is the case.  Unfortunately, I don't recall any of them ever selling for any money as an "error coin", it's probably worth 10¢.  I assume there's nothing out of the ordinary about the reverse?

Message 11725 of 11,869
latest reply

Thanks so much for your take on the coin. The reverse just looks like any other dime so if the mint error is nothing special it's back to the bank with it! I won't post any more like it unless it's extremely odd! I'm learning already, 

Message 11726 of 11,869
latest reply

Perhaps it's because I'm new to this board I find easy not having any knowledge of the old way. As far as the navigation goes I just use the Email me when someone replies option. When I get an email I just click that link and it opens up here at the new coin chat room. Hope to be learning from you about coins and questions I post soon.

Thanks for the welcome.

Message 11727 of 11,869
latest reply

@spacificproducts wrote:

Thanks so much for your take on the coin. The reverse just looks like any other dime so if the mint error is nothing special it's back to the bank with it! I won't post any more like it unless it's extremely odd! I'm learning already, 

I wouldn't worry about it... post away!  It's not like this Board is particularly busy these days...

I puzzled over dimes like these for years, wondering how the mint got such awful strikes on so many dimes.  I finally realized a lot of them have a sharp edge.  Not only does the rim upsetting process (a rolling mill) cause a slight raised edge on the blank, it reduces the diameter of the blank a bit.  If it doesn't get this process, the collar causes immediate resistance to the die striking the blank (there is no room for the blank to expand).  That expansion is part of the process that allows for a full strike on a coin (lets metal move upward more easily to fill the deepest areas of the die).

Message 11728 of 11,869
latest reply

Message 11729 of 11,869
latest reply

You not only know about coins you know about the machines that make them. A question there's a lot of chatter out there about 2015 16 17 Lincoln cents that due to the cleaning wash at the mint. It's left most of them with watermarks spots that don't come off and if you find any of them in a clean Clear mint state not proofs.  They are worth quite a bit to series collectors market.   

Message 11730 of 11,869
latest reply