cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Perth Mint 1 oz gold bars [new gotta see]

I just got 2 China counterfeit 1 oz. gold bars in new black assay cards 7/21/2016. They are being sold all over the U.S.A.

I'm naturally not selling them. I'm not a crook and I certainly don't need the money.

I have been in contact with  staff at NCIC.

Here is the picture of the fakes. I hope they help anyone.ffineeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgffineeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgntdnmee_opt (1).jpgntdnmee_opt.jpg
Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Counterfeit Perth Mint 1 oz gold bars [new gotta see]

Bump for current interest.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 46 of 57
latest reply

Thanks Ted.

Still there @gigg25 ?

Lets chat about this further.

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

The Chinese will fake anything, check out Aliexpress, you can basically buy any U.S. coin for peanuts and sell it on Ebay for serious profit. Ebay doesn't care, I've been reporting fake 85CC's that are so obvious, I'm talking not a leg to stand on fakes. They will run their couse, the buyer will be screwed and the hobby will contiue to erode one screwed buyer at a time.

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

@airflow89 wrote:

The Chinese will fake anything, check out Aliexpress, you can basically buy any U.S. coin for peanuts and sell it on Ebay for serious profit. Ebay doesn't care, I've been reporting fake 85CC's that are so obvious, I'm talking not a leg to stand on fakes. They will run their couse, the buyer will be screwed and the hobby will contiue to erode one screwed buyer at a time.

The best part is when they list 1888CCs as real. Smiley Indifferent

https://bio.link/langs
Message 49 of 57
latest reply

3 de Julio 2018:  Perhaps, and Heron is just sayin perhaps, the buyers should self educate themselves PRIOR to buying counterfeit or suspected counterfeit goods?

However, buyers self educating themselves is something that most likely will NOT happen!

Regardos.    

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

3 de Julio 2018:  Perhaps, and Heron is just sayin perhaps, the buyers should self educate themselves PRIOR to buying counterfeit or suspected counterfeit goods?

However, buyers self educating themselves is something that most likely will NOT happen!

Regardos.    

I don't understand why people don't take the time to learn about what they are buying. I mean, decades ago, I can understand...but with the internet, you can practically learn anything you want to know about for free.

People still buy this rubbish thinking it is the real thing...https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=collect+coins&_ftrt=901&_fosrp=1&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&LH_L....

https://bio.link/langs
Message 51 of 57
latest reply

3 de Julio 2018:  You are absolutamente correcto!   Well said!

Regardos.   

Message 52 of 57
latest reply

People still buy this rubbish thinking it is the real thing...https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=collect+coins&_ftrt=901&_fosrp=1&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&LH_L....

numismatic rule #2: don't buy "coins" from China...

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

As far as buying gold, you only know what you know when you know it. 

It may be surprising that someone would not search it before buying, but

all the information doesn't just pop up that early and some information on

a "gold company " i hard to get. The gold plate sold is done carefully some times and weighs near the same and a stamp of the company can be the same as a hallmark...they think they are clever. But if you know before 180 days you can open

a case with Paypal. Y

You may have to prove it is not gold in some cases. 

This is not always that easy either as "gold company" gets better at scamming the public. But better late than never that the buyer find out to get the bad guys. 

Message 54 of 57
latest reply

Hi, I feel your pain. I bought  x2 1 ounce and x8 20g perth bars. Where did you buy then from? My dad specializes in gold and could probably do some digging

Do you still have them? 

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

Perth mint as of late 2019 has made a new C series counterfeit proof black certi cards. They have a few slight differences from the B# cards.

All new coins late 2019 onwards,  will have a micro engraving on the reverse side within the "Australian" word somewhere. witch needs a microscope to see. 

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

@capitalbullions wrote:

C series counterfeit proof black certi cards.  

no such thing as counterfeit proof... only counterfeit deterrent methods that haven't yet been figured out how to be countered by counterfeiters...

Message 57 of 57
latest reply