cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping

Many sellers do not use proper packing when they  ship items that causes brakeage.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: shipping

It is actually spelled breakage.  Now, do you have an actual question we can help you with?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@gagodbou 

That's why Ebay offers the MBG.

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Are you checking the seller's feedback to see if anyone complained about insufficient packing before you buy? Are you leaving feedback warning others when it happens to you? I didn't see where you complained about poor packaging in the feedback.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Hey you do not have to so smart. There are shippers or sellers who ship stuff the worst way possible why?

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

What you said has nothing to do with what I posted.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

OF coarse I am .

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

You just click the return this item choice where you leave feedback. They will learn fast.  Not all sellers do know how to pack.  After a few returns from shipping damage, they will improve.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

That is not the question.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I hope they will but it does not sink in to fast.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@gagodbou wrote:

Many sellers do not use proper packing when they  ship items that causes brakeage.

@gagodbou 

The thought might be better worded as, "While shipping, many sellers do not use proper packing, causing breakage."

^^^ That statement is true and a bit more concise. Your later question as to "Why" is a good question, too.

I wonder (along with you) why some sellers pack poorly. I suppose I feel  that those sellers are 1) new to it, or 2) have others doing their packing, or 3) simply can afford to take a loss on Returns, or 4) some other reason. It's a head-scratcher, for sure.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

You did not ask a question; you simply made a statement which is really just a 1 sided opinion.

What is 'many'?

Most 'seasoned' sellers that sell and ship breakables do a FANTASTIC job because they don't want to perform refunds on broken items.

Sellers that do not, learn the hard way. 

Either way, as you were told, you as a buyer are covered by the MBG; as well as you have the opportunity to see sellers feedback before purchasing; which would include what they sold. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I think everyone here would agree with that statement.  Some people really just don't understand the point of packing an item to ship.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Alas!  There are some sellers that do not pack adequately for shipping.  That is true.  However, I'm not sure what can be done to remedy this shortcoming of those sellers other than what is currently being done under the MBG to see that the buyer isn't out anything and the seller is the one that suffers for their poor packing practices.

I suppose it would be nice to have a tutorial for sellers wishing to improve their packing skills.  However, as with too many other things, it is likely that the ones that need it would not avail themselves of it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

No just want to ship as cheap as possible.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply