cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request to cancel

I accidently purchased an item I was only watching.  Within two minutes, seriously, requested to cancel the order but seller said it had already been shipped.  Really?  How is that possible?  Can I complain ?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: request to cancel

Reply that a case has already been opened --

and the item is on its way back.

@nurse4ever14

Same improbability.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@nurse4ever14 wrote:

I accidently purchased an item I was only watching.

How did you accidentally pay for it as well?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Complain to whom? A cancellation request is just that - a request. Sellers don't have to agree to cancel although it would usually be smart of them to do so.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@nurse4ever14 wrote:

I accidently purchased an item I was only watching.  Within two minutes, seriously, requested to cancel the order but seller said it had already been shipped.  Really?  How is that possible?  Can I complain ?

Sorry you had this accident.  I don't know how this could happen because you confirm your purchase, before you have actually bought it.  A poster has said you paid for it as well.  

I understand that some sellers have the order go, immediately upon placement, to their shipping department.  When it enters the workflow, they cannot stop it.

Please know that a request to cancel is just that, a request.  Seller has the right to accept or decline your request, and has three days to make that decision.   So there is nothing to complain about.

Cancellations should be rarely if ever used.  If it has shipped, and the seller takes returns, you can pay shipping to send it back, or keep it and sell it yourself.

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

You can complain here but it won’t change the outcome. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Actually, the answer to your last question is no, you cannot complain.  You may grumble, but since sellers aren't required to cancel on request you have not legitimate complaint.

You don't seem to believe the seller's "already been shipped."  Is it possible that the seller doesn't believe your "I accidently (sic) purchased?"

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@nurse4ever14 wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did very similar mistake, .... but not 'cancellation.'  It was 'size-selection.'  Like yours, right after the purchase I got an e-mail indicating 'item already shipped' even though I did e-mail asking 'a change of size, ... from 'S' to 'M.'  35 minutes after the purchase.

Luckily, the next morning I received an e-mail from the seller, 'No Problem.'  The seller was very nice enough to accomodate my request.

That said, ... it appears to me  all depends on the seller.

btw) Last year,  I had an cancellation from the seller, not me, the buyer because the seller said she made a mistake about a description of its 'size.'  I was very willingly accept the seller's request. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

There are many companies that live by the machine. Once something's put into the computer, no human intervention is allowed or taken from that point on.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Thank you , I understand.  It was my fault anyway.  I have no idea how it happened but I will be more careful in the future

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Thank you, I understand now as many of the responses were similar to yours.  I have no idea how it happened, suddenly the debit was out of Paypal and it said I purchased the item.  

As you said, it was a request only. thanks again

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

OP, you seem to have set up automatic payment or one click payment.

So it went ahead and paid it for you.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@nurse4ever14 wrote:

Thank you , I understand.  It was my fault anyway.  I have no idea how it happened but I will be more careful in the future

How refreshing~many never accept responsibility for what they do!  You are one of the wise ones~that may be why you are a nurse~you are a person of integrity.

If you have enabled automatic Paypal payment, you might want to see about cancelling that.  They show the option to sign up for it everytime you pay for something.  You may have accepted it inadvertently, thinking you had to.  If you remove it and the box comes up again, just close it out and continue paying for your item.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@springa392012 wrote:

@nurse4ever14 wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did very similar mistake, .... but not 'cancellation.'  It was 'size-selection.'  Like yours, right after the purchase I got an e-mail indicating 'item already shipped' even though I did e-mail asking 'a change of size, ... from 'S' to 'M.'  35 minutes after the purchase.

Luckily, the next morning I received an e-mail from the seller, 'No Problem.'  The seller was very nice enough to accomodate my request.

That said, ... it appears to me  all depends on the seller.

btw) Last year,  I had an cancellation from the seller, not me, the buyer because the seller said she made a mistake about a description of its 'size.'  I was very willingly accept the seller's request. 

Your "small" to "medium" size change request was in a thread with the statement not to worry, that they would send a "medium".  Has that item actually arrived???

Often promises from China don't actually materialize. please keep us updated on that.

@springa392012

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

OK, I will update Jacket arrived.  In the case a size of the Jacket is not 'M' in US based sellers, then I might donate it to the Salvation Army, nearby.  slight_smile

Message 15 of 16
latest reply