cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot bid on international auctions/Foreign eBay Platforms

So I have several eBay accounts on several different ebays (.ca/.com/.de), yet I cannot bid on ebay.de on an auction that the seller says is international because I live in Canada or something? How do I get around this, I cannot contact any sellers or bid on any auctions on the German site without being redirected to ebay.com. This is extremely annoying as the things I buy (patches of metal bands) are far more common in Europe, particularly Germany. 

EDIT: The problem with the stupid redirects is that I cannot view the auction on the American site in the first place, so it acts as though the seller and listing do not exist. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@elcidthekid-2,

You should be able to login to ebay germany with your regular login info.  You may be being redirected to eBay.com when bidding if the item you want to bid on is also listed on the U.S. site.  I just tried since I haven't done so in a long time, but using my .com ID I was able to login to .de  Searched for a Lionel train item since they are common there, checked the seller's shipping

Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
Keine (DHL Päckchen International)

Zwischen Mo, 5. Feb. und Do, 8. Feb. bei Zahlungseingang am Tag des Auktionsendes

and was able to bid (beiten), if I wanted to without a redirect.  I did copy the item number from the German site to the US site and it showed up with the item showing from Germany. 

Are you using the app?

Maybe because your IP is from Canada, and you are trying to bid on an item from Germany on the US site, that is why you cannot do that.

My advice would be login to the German site using your regular ID, while also logged on to the Canadian site.  if you find a listing you want to bid on, that has worldwide shipping copy the item number and paste it to the Canadian site Search.  It should show up translated on it if the seller will ship to Canada. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@elcidthekid-2,

If an item is available to be bought worldwide you do not need an account on ebay.de to view it, or buy it.  However, if the seller does not ship to Canada or the US it will not appear on those sites. You have to look at a seller's shipping details. They may ship internationally within Europe, but not to other areas. 

You may also be being blocked even with your .de acct. if you still have a Ca. or US address, and your payments are in US or Canadian dollars, and not Euros.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The seller ships to Canada and the U.S. according to the shipping options and what they listed in the item description. I have not listed any address on the German ebay and do not have any set currency as far as I can tell, as I have not ever bid on something on eBay.de because I always get redirected to eBay.com, hence the current situation. Is there any possible way to contact a seller without being redirected or to make a German account without verifying it? Obviously living in Canada I do not have a German phone number with which I can verify an account.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@elcidthekid-2,

You should be able to login to ebay germany with your regular login info.  You may be being redirected to eBay.com when bidding if the item you want to bid on is also listed on the U.S. site.  I just tried since I haven't done so in a long time, but using my .com ID I was able to login to .de  Searched for a Lionel train item since they are common there, checked the seller's shipping

Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
Keine (DHL Päckchen International)

Zwischen Mo, 5. Feb. und Do, 8. Feb. bei Zahlungseingang am Tag des Auktionsendes

and was able to bid (beiten), if I wanted to without a redirect.  I did copy the item number from the German site to the US site and it showed up with the item showing from Germany. 

Are you using the app?

Maybe because your IP is from Canada, and you are trying to bid on an item from Germany on the US site, that is why you cannot do that.

My advice would be login to the German site using your regular ID, while also logged on to the Canadian site.  if you find a listing you want to bid on, that has worldwide shipping copy the item number and paste it to the Canadian site Search.  It should show up translated on it if the seller will ship to Canada. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

So this is my main eBay account, I tried logging into the German site with this after signing out of all other accounts on all other sites just to be sure, and it worked. I am assuming that listings like these do not appear on ebay.ca and ebay.com in the first place when there is a bank transfer option of paying because I read that those are common in Europe whereas not so much in North America. Anyways, thanks a lot for your help!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply