cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refunded but still says shipped. no explanation from seller.

ordered 4 travel bags of different sizes but same line, matched set. seller marks all 4 shipped in 4 seperate packages. got a refund for the exact amount of one item. paypal shows total payment (all four) and refund but no explanation. seller has not contacted me. i did message asking about this and relize they may need a minute to respond but my delemna is i need to find another and reorder AND RECEIVE before xmas. the seller still shows 7 available so refund seems odd.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: refunded but still says shipped. no explanation from seller.

received a response stating that one bag wasnt available, the other 3 were just delivered and appear fine. no single seller had all 5, so a fifth was ordered from another ebay seller, it arrived sooner with a smily on the box. the replacement for the forth bag still says 'shipping label created'!  having the missing/refunded bag showing delivered allows them to continue this practice. how do i get them held accountable for cancelling sale? do i just neg. the single bag or all four? the three i received are fine but the caused me a ton of greif as i needed to find a forth to match. they have 5527 fb, is anything i do even going to matter?  their fb has several complaints to this very issue already.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

received a response stating that one bag wasnt available, the other 3 were just delivered and appear fine.

Well you finally got your answer.  You were refunded because they were out of stock on the item.  At least you know now why you were refunded.    I'm so glad the balance of your order came through nicely.

no single seller had all 5, so a fifth was ordered from another ebay seller, it arrived sooner with a smily on the box.

So they drop shipped from Amazon to you.  Lots of sellers do that on Ebay.  I'm glad this one arrived safe and sound as well.

the replacement for the forth bag still says 'shipping label created'!  having the missing/refunded bag showing delivered allows them to continue this practice.

Continue what practice?  I thought you ordered the replacement bag from a different seller?  Or do you think the two sellers are connected in some way?  If you are having the same problems with your second seller as you did with your first seller, it could be that they are both drop shippers and the manufacturers are completely out of stock.  Have you communicated with your second seller to find out what is going on?

If they aren't responding to you, then go and file a case for Item Not Received.  They will respond to that.  Let me know how this goes for you.  But chances are you aren't going to find this size of luggage if both sellers our out of stock.

how do i get them held accountable for cancelling sale?

Ebay holds them accountable when they file to cancel the transaction for an out of stock item.  That creates what is called a defect on a seller's account.  We can only have few of these before Ebay will sanction a seller.  So you really don't need to do anything.  While you won't know if the seller is sanction, Ebay has pretty stiff rules for sellers and Ebay will handle it if the seller makes a regular thing of doing this.

do i just neg. the single bag or all four? the three i received are fine but the caused me a ton of greif as i needed to find a forth to match.

Well this is a bit more complicated.  The three bags you did received did NOT cause you any grief and you received them in time and in good condition according to you.  If you were to neg the seller for deliverying what you order and on time that would be completely unfair and unjust.  Unless you are now saying the seller did something wrong on your transaction for the three other bags?   In the rules for buyer's leaving feedback, the feedback must be specific to the transaction you are leaving feedback for.  If you cross transactions, that is against the rules.  

The way I've understood your problem with this seller it has only had to do with the one transaction for the sale they cancelled.  So why would you want to damage their selling account for 4 transactions when 3 of the 4 went just fine and you got what you ordered?  I'm not sure I understand why you would consider doing that to someone!

On the ONE transaction that went badly for you, you may want to do a negative, personally I wouldn't, but I don't neg sellers unless they really worked to earn it.  If it were me, I would give them a neutral FB, but that is my opinion and it certainly doesn't have to be yours.  You are entitled to do what you feel is necessary.  

they have 5527 fb, is anything i do even going to matter?  their fb has several complaints to this very issue already.

Well it depends on what your goal is.  Is it your desire to try and hurt their ability to sell on Ebay and possibly their way of earning a living or is it your desire to inform other potential customers that they cancel orders for out of stock items?  If it is your desire to impede their ability to sell, then you do a neg, if your desire is to inform others, then a neutral will work.

I'm both a buyer and a seller.  So I see this from both sides.  I'm cautious to neg a seller because I know that there are lots of sellers out there that sell to put food on their table and keep the heat on in the winter.  I'm always aware of that.  While you need to do whatever you feel is right for you, you also need to decide what your goal is.  You are the only one that can make that decision and that is as it should be.  Whatever FB you leave, just be honest, not emotional, facts are always good.  I know this transaction caused you extra work and a lot of stress.  That isn't right.  You shouldn't have to go through that.  You have every right to be upset with the seller.  

Just step back a bit and get some clarity on the situation before you leave FB in anger.  You will feel better about it that way.  But do NOT neg or neutral the seller on three transactions that did not have an issue, that would be completely unfair.

I hope that other missing bag shows up soon.  Keep me posted and if I can help, I most certainly will.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

replacement forth bag is from a different seller and i different version of that bag, only reason i mentioned it was they too might be selling items they dont have. sorry to add confusion, just mentioned it as this is what caused all the problems with first seller. my goal here is not vengance but to stop sellers from doing this. they refunded but never cancelled and listed it as shipped. will they still get a defect?  why four negs? because buying 4 and refunding one left me locked in to buy ONLY from that series of bags. 5 days later and only after i messaged them, i knew what was going on. luckily the bags are available from many sellers. had that not been the case, i would of had to return the three (which i still wasnt sure were coming) and start over. for that reason only, yes, their actions caused issues with all four! is it fair to neg all four? not sure, that is why i posted here. 

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

You don't have to burden yourself with the responsiblity of stopping the seller from this behavior.  Ebay will if they do it too often.  Like I said, we have strict rules to adhere to.  

You didn't have a bunch of problems with your first seller.  You had one.  The cancelled your order.  Absolutely frustrating and you have every right to feel that way.

If they listed it as "shipped", file an Item Not Received case.  She what happens then.  Or if you prefer, call Ebay and report the seller as they aren't suppose to do that.

NO, your refund was on ONE transaction.  Your problem was on ONE transaction, not all 4.  Certainly your decision to make, but know it is against the Ebay rules for buyer's FB to on a transaction that is not about that transaction.

Your call of course.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@princess_phones wrote:
Aww, am I your angel as well as your princess phones now too?!?!😇🥰

Sorry, as soon as I saw that I thought “hey, I resemble that remark!” All about the funny today with me, sorry, but I hope it’s infectious! 🤪

Oops, it seems I mangled your id.  I like that you consider it a promotion, Smiley Happy  Funny is a good thing!  Very sorry for the id mangling there.  It almost makes sense, princess was in both of them!

Slinking off and hanging my head...Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

I understand. No explanation, one would have been nice. Without one, it seems like a brush off.
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

You don't have to burden yourself with the responsiblity of stopping the seller from this behavior.  Ebay will if they do it too often.  Like I said, we have strict rules to adhere to.  

You didn't have a bunch of problems with your first seller.  You had one.  The cancelled your order.  Absolutely frustrating and you have every right to feel that way.

If they listed it as "shipped", file an Item Not Received case.  She what happens then.  Or if you prefer, call Ebay and report the seller as they aren't suppose to do that.

since they used one tracking number for all four, it shows delivered. ebay would have no way to know what they really did.  how would i file item not received on an item that shows delivered, besides, i was refunded. while ebay has strict guidelines on cancelling, this seller just bypassed it!  the initial problem was minor and i have bought elsware so all is good but the lack of comunication and selling out of stock items has soured my already poor veiw of ebay. i buy much more online than in past years but usually spend a little more on retailers sites to avoid the random seller like this.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

since they used one tracking number for all four, it shows delivered. ebay would have no way to know what they really did.  how would i file item not received on an item that shows delivered, besides, i was refunded. while ebay has strict guidelines on cancelling, this seller just bypassed it!  the initial problem was minor and i have bought elsware so all is good but the lack of comunication and selling out of stock items has soured my already poor veiw of ebay. i buy much more online than in past years but usually spend a little more on retailers sites to avoid the random seller like this.

Those are all really good questions.  While I don't think we will get answers until after the holiday, I will tag this thread in the hopes that a CSR will stop in later in the week.

tyler@ebay

brian@ebay.com

@Anonymous

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

since they used one tracking number for all four, it shows delivered. ebay would have no way to know what they really did.  how would i file item not received on an item that shows delivered,

----------------------------------------------

In that scenario, a buyer would have to file a not as described, because the buyer would lose an item not received.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

since they used one tracking number for all four, it shows delivered. ebay would have no way to know what they really did.  how would i file item not received on an item that shows delivered,

----------------------------------------------

In that scenario, a buyer would have to file a not as described, because the buyer would lose an item not received.

That is exactly their question.  On one item that the seller marked shipped, the seller refunded the OP for because they were out of stock on it.  But they still logged the tracking number on that transaction that was refunded.

Ebay will be able to see that the seller refunded the item, date and time.  That will give Ebay information in which to help the buyer.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

@jrinam wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Those are all really good questions.  While I don't think we will get answers until after the holiday, I will tag this thread in the hopes that a CSR will stop in later in the week.

tyler@ebay

brian@ebay.com

@Anonymous

Hi @jrinam, even though the tracking shows delivered and is on all four items you can still open an item not received request for the purchases you are still looking to have refunded. We can review the details after the seller has been giving tem to resolve this for you and step in as needed. Start by trying to open item not received requests from your purchase history and then contact Customer Service as needed.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply