cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed Delivery?

Hello

I ordered some perfume on 12/16 from a seller who "guaranteed" delivery 12/21.

I haven't received it. Tracking # provided on 12/17  Package acceptance pending, then nothing. It appears no scan was done at the receiving facilty. I have emailed the seller yesterday and have received no response. Should I start an INR now to start the process or give it some more time since the mail is crazy right now. Shoud I give the seller some more time to respond, but there is little they can do at this point.  Thanks

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Guaranteed Delivery?

The Guaranteed delivery date is put out by eBay, not the seller. USPS/FedEx/UPS have all been overwhelmed and all are behind on their shipping delivery times.

The fact the item has not been scanned means simply USPS didn't scan it - initial scan miss does happen, but it is usually picked up at the sort hub and gets a scan their... so my guess is the seller didn't drop it off. I would speculate it might still be hidden in the trunk of their car....I had that happen to one package I found 2 days after it was suppose to have been dropped off...ugh...fell out of my tub. Emailed the buyer they were ok, but I still refunded the shipping for the delay.

Cheers

If you sent them a message and they did not respond in a reasonable amount of time, you should go ahead and file and item not received claim as at this point, the seller may be on vacation..lol
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

I'd say give it more time.  My packages have been arriving 4 -5 days past the last date of the estimated delivery timeframe.  It's the increased holiday volume that all carriers are struggling with.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

A purchase of mine due to arrive by eBay estimate on the 20th.  It took 3 days to get from Brooklyn NY to the Rochester NY regional facility.  It will deliver today, so some mail is slow.

I would give it some extra time. It should have had a scan, but busy time, some scans are missed.

You are protected by the MGB, so you can file after a bit.

If it arrives late you can request a voucher from eBay for it being late under the "guaranteed"  policy. Other options, but the voucher is nice.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

When you actually get the item, there is an option to report a late delivery and you have the option to get a $5.00 voucher or return the item. I would message the seller to let them know if they haven't given it to the post office to please do so. If you get no response, I would file a claim with eBay or item not received.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

A purchase of mine due to arrive by eBay estimate on the 20th.  It took 3 days to get from Brooklyn NY to the Rochester NY regional facility.  It will deliver today, so some mail is slow.

I would give it some extra time. It should have had a scan, but busy time, some scans are missed.

You are protected by the MGB, so you can file after a bit.

If it arrives late you can request a voucher from eBay for it being late under the "guaranteed"  policy. Other options, but the voucher is nice.

Yes, the five dollar voucher is nice!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

One of my packages showed out for delivery for 4 or 5 days before it actually was delivered.  In the meantime, I signed up online for updates and received notice of delivery exception.  Delivery exception simply means the tracking hasn't caught up yet.  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

@landlubbert

Call the USPS 1-800 number to file a case. I shipped a package a couple of weeks ago that never showed any scans on tracking, but I did have the receipt to show it was scanned when I dropped it off at my local PO. The scan didn't appear on the tracking record for some unknown reason- it happens.

When I saw there were no scans after about a week and a half I called USPS and they opened a case. The next day the buyer's local PO responded to the case and started the investigation. The day after that the item was scanned out for delivery, then delivered.

If you don't get anywhere with USPS you can file the INR claim, but I'd give a shot at locating the package first. There are several areas of the country that have been backed up due to volume, weather, etc.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

Agreed. I just got a package that was sent Priority and had not been scanned anywhere along its 5 day route from Minnesota to the Deep South. Not even an acceptance or delivery scan. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

@juststuffisell wrote:
The Guaranteed delivery date is put out by eBay, not the seller. USPS/FedEx/UPS have all been overwhelmed and all are behind on their shipping delivery times.

so what is the point of "guaranteed delivery"? most sellers and 'some' buyers relize the regular shipping times are just estimates so why guarantee something that they have no control over? a lot of my purchases are dependant on the estimated shipping times.  had a bought an item with guaranteed shipping time and it arrived late, i would not be nearly as understanding about it! guaranteed to be their on time means what?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

@jrinam wrote:
 guaranteed to be their on time means what?

Means you get a $5 voucher for your trouble.

But seriously, eBay doesn’t sell anything and they don’t ship anything. They aren’t going to fly to the seller’s house or warehouse, grab the package and personally deliver it to the buyer.  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

I thought that they had eliminated Guaranteed Delivery due to the holiday season. With all the delays possible, that are actually occurring, it was very believable.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

@creoleorchid wrote: But seriously, eBay doesn’t sell anything and they don’t ship anything. They aren’t going to fly to the seller’s house or warehouse, grab the package and personally deliver it to the buyer.  

kinda my point! ebay doesnt sell it, ebay doesnt ship/hand deliver it, yet they gaurantee it! we see lots of posts from buyers that freek out when their package is a day late and it is justified as having no control over the shipper. how can you then add gauranteed shipping as if it is somehow better and use the same old excuse when it is delayed?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Guaranteed Delivery?

Delivery isn't guaranteed by the carrier providing the service, so it is going to be hard for anybody else to guarantee it, IMO.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply