cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit heated, off topic and personal.

Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain friendly and respectful as required by the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 106 of 108
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

@transamcc wrote:

I tutored undergrad classmen in college English back in the day and graded papers of incoming freshman students.  To me,  the fact that an offer is allowed to "expire" IMPLIES that the seller ignored it for the duration, most likely as an intentional act.

Speaking as a buyer whose purchases were always personal (rather than business expenses) … it didn’t occur to me that a seller was ignoring my offer if I didn’t receive a quick response.

I expected that sellers might wait to see what offers they’d receive before accepting one of them … which could result in my offer expiring.

[It didn’t take long for me to read eBay policy on Best Offers to verify that I understood all the parameters.]

Message 107 of 108
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I am thinking about Best offers too and deciding if I should offer it or not.  I did just ignore very early offers so far under the asking price as to be vaguely insulting.  I think offers should either be made high enough over the asking price as to cause the seller to gladly end an auction and thus blocking other bidders. (it happens), or toward the end when the seller may have given up hope of another buyer... though I snipe endings and I know others do as well.  If I make an offer it is usually between 10 - 20% off (sometimes cost of shipping).  If the price is acceptable, I just bid once and snipe at the end.  As a seller, I am a little conflicted!  I also hate ignoring offers from sellers because (to be honest)  most of the time I am just doing research  to see how many items are listed similar to what I want to sell and where it is listed for most success.   And then I also watch some of the items I am considering buying but still want to see if similar items are offered  at a better price.  J

Message 108 of 108
latest reply