cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay contact

I am having a hard time contacting ebay, I want to talk to an agent about an item not received and i think the buyer is a scam

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: ebay contact

I don't see that you've had any buyers from this ID. You can contact eBay C/S through facebook. What is your issue?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@vett1 wrote:

I am having a hard time contacting ebay, I want to talk to an agent about an item not received and i think the buyer is a scam

Do you mean that you think the SELLER "is a scam"?

You need to file the Item Not Received refund request.

Go to your My Ebay page >> Purchase history

•     Select “More actions” beside your item and then “I didn't receive it.”
  •     Click the box beside I want a refund.
  •     Select Send request.

If the seller does not respond after 3 days, you can ask Ebay to step in to help you.

•     Find the item in your Purchase History
  •     Select See request details
  •     Select “Ask eBay to step in.”
*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@vett1,

"I want to talk to an agent about an item not received and i think the buyer is a scam".

If you shipped an item without using or uploading a tracking number to the transaction.  Then you left the door open to a possibly false Item Not Received (INR) claim, and unless you have tracking information, you will lose your funds and the item. 

If you meant that you feel the seller is scamming you, then that is a completely different problem than a buyer scamming you.   In the past year the number of sellers providing false tracking information has become a big problem.  eBay's INR system is automated and only can search for a Delivered scan, when a tracking# is uploaded.

If you filed an INR and the system found in favor of the seller because of a Delivered scan, but you never received anything, you can appeal the decision, but you will have to do some leg work first.

You can try contacting the shipping agency by phone and ask if the address on the label associated with the tracking number you received matches yours. If it does not you will need to get proof in the form of a letter on company stationary.  The shipping agencies will not send you a letter or email, which will not be accepted since emails can be faked.

You will have to to your  local Post Office, UPS or FedEx store and bring proof of you being the recipient, eBay Order Details and Purchase History pages w/ the tracking number on it.   If you used a phone/tablet etc. for the purchase bring that, or print copies of those pages if you used a computer.

At the store ask the clerk to compare the shipping label info, address, package type/size/weight to the Order details info. They cannot give out specific information, but they can write a note on company stationary  saying things like; the shipping label's address does not match yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight. doesn't match what you should have received. 

The note needs to be signed and dated by the clerk and give the store#.

With that info you can file an appeal. When you do there will be a place to upload documentation, a clear photo or scan of the note.  Appeals are looked at by real people and the info you provide will cause you to win.

The link below tells you how to file an appeal.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

People please stop telling me about buyer and seller scams I just want a answer on how to talk to an Agent!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@vett1 wrote:

People please stop telling me about buyer and seller scams I just want a answer on how to talk to an Agent!

@vett1 

You can contact eBay C/S through facebook. Good luck.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

fh_store28
Thrill-Seeker

Hi @vett1 ,

Did you check the tracking number? If tracking completely delivered ,you should not be fear. You can have tracking as an evidence if buyer opens a case.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@vett1 wrote:

Yet you allegedly fell victim to one and don't want advice on how to prevent or identify it in the future, which is part of the resolution process.

You can also go the chat and type "agent" and you can chat with someone that way in addition to the other suggestions regarding contact that were given above.

@*lady*madonna*  I think the OP is the seller and the buyer is claiming an INR.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 8 of 8
latest reply