cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBucks Program - Dead or Alive?

I both buy and sell a good deal on eBay and I haven't received a Bucks offer in so long I can't remember.  Are other people receiving them?  With lower sales, I would have thought this was a great marketing strategy for summer slow times, etc.  Is this program dead or alive?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There has been no formal announcement, but it seems eBay has let the program die.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I posted a topic about this over a year ago, at that time I had not received a "bucks" promotion for 3 quarters.

The statement at the time from eBay was:

"The eBay Bucks Rewards Program is designed to reward eBay members for purchasing items on ebay.com.

Enrollment in eBay Bucks is currently closed and after careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases.

However we’ll still be running eBay Bucks special offers so you may still receive bonus offers by invite."

It has now been almost 2 years,  The program is Dead.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

i have not seen an offer at all this year and then some... would be a shame not to see an offer at some point. I am certain that ppl buy more when there is an incentive to do so. I even let things sit in my cart just to buy with a kick-back. Even last year, there was an offer every 2-3 months.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@tennesseedreaming wrote:

I haven't received a Bucks offer in so long I can't remember.  Are other people receiving them? 

Wondering @eburtonlab is your hot deals list still showing third-week-of-month reports of eBay Bucks?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The most recent 5% offer was at the end of January.

Since then, the eBay Bucks page no longer displays any transaction information at all, where previously even transactions that did not earn eBay Bucks still appeared there.

https://reward.ebay.com/rwdwebui/bucks/myebay/main

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Exactly as @eburtonlab said:

The last time that I got a 5% promotional email was either January or February and the program went silent since 😞

Message 7 of 7
latest reply