cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay, why did you remove the Item Hot Links in eBay Messages?

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

For decades, when you sent an eBay Message to a seller about a specific eBay item, the messages always had a HOT LINK to that eBay Item.  Made it really easy to go to the item for review.

Also, the emails with the message used to have the same HOT LINK, but no more!

As of today, now there is no hot link.  You have to do a search for the item number, which is luckily still in the message title?

Why would you do that?  Whoever thought that was a good idea, needs to get pulled from the eBay brain trust.  That was NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Please put the item links back in the eBay Messages as well as the message emails.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I totally agree with you, but I’m sorry I can’t help myself…..

9B361A27-A5EA-4CBD-9566-2C47A452C68D.jpeg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@imapaqrat wrote:

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

For decades, when you sent an eBay Message to a seller about a specific eBay item, the messages always had a HOT LINK to that eBay Item.  Made it really easy to go to the item for review.

Also, the emails with the message used to have the same HOT LINK, but no more!

As of today, now there is no hot link.  You have to do a search for the item number, which is luckily still in the message title?

Why would you do that?  Whoever thought that was a good idea, needs to get pulled from the eBay brain trust.  That was NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Please put the item links back in the eBay Messages as well as the message emails.

As a work around until/if it gets fixed - if you click "reply" it stills has a link on that page.  I'm guessing eBay is working on rolling out the new Messages experience and broke something.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think (hope) it's a glitch.  I have notified Ebay on another thread.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Totally agree! I assume like some other recent app updates that this is an unintended change. Have emailed the developer with my "thoughts".

Message 5 of 5
latest reply