cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Order?

I received an email from eBay this morning about an order I placed a few days ago.

We've informed the seller that you'd like to cancel this order.

You should hear back from the seller by Mar 18, 2022.

The seller may not be able to cancel this order if they've already shipped your item(s). However, if the seller approves your request, you should receive a refund for the purchase price and original shipping back in your original payment method.

The problem is that I didn't make any such request. 

When I go to the order details, it says "out of stock".  But, when I went back to the listing, it's still showing available. 

Another eBay-ism?  Any ideas why this would happen?  Did the seller cancel the order? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Cancelled Order?

@kuriouskeepsakes,

There seems to be a way some sellers can get fake messages sent to their account, from a buyer's account, asking for cancellation, so they can avoid getting a defect. How it is done we do not know, but it seems to only happen with chinese sellers. 

The only way you can report the seller will be to follow the instructions and link below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022

On the first page use the blue  Report seller button.

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username,  select Other, then in the text box write.

The seller used an invalid reason for cancelling the transaction. Check my messages I did not request canceling the transaction. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply