cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Top Star Buyer Loyalty Program

Has anyone heard of or been invited to the eBay Top Star program?

Looks like it's targeting mostly buyers of sneakers, watches, handbags, and trading cards. 

https://topstar.ebay.com/

topstar.jpg

I've seen several sneakerheads on Twitter showing off new kicks they got through the program.

One Reddit user reported being blocked from purchasing a pair of shoes with a message that states "We know this is a great find, but this item can only be purchased by Top Star members" - so it sounds like membership may have its privileges. 🤔

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

It's real!

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

What do you need to join?

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@edwyngotchu wrote:

What do you need to join?

If you haven't been invited, you would need to fill out the "interest survey" at the link in the original post.

eBay hasn't given any more details besides "we'll look at a range of factors to determine your qualifications."

Based on what I've seen on Twitter from people posting about being in the program, I suspect buying history and social media activity/following/"influencer" status are heavily weighted criteria, but eBay has been intentionally silent on exactly what makes a "Top Star".

All you can do is fill out the form and wait.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Were the readymades authentic?

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

is anybody accepted in the program ?

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

I just got this message also when trying to purchase. What is this? I did sign up though. Anyone know how long the response would be?

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

It's real just you have to be invited you can ask then to consider like I did I mean there's a pair of shoes at retail right now and I csnt buy them bc I'm not part of the program I buy and sell a lot of shoes on here this is **bleep** if certain members are gonna have more privileges why am I spending the same on fees?

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I see a seller topstar_sb is this real?

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@sneakergutz wrote:

I see a seller topstar_sb is this real?

@sneakergutz  yes that seller's items are for Top Star members only.  You'll know because if you try to buy something, you'll get this message

top star.jpg

The only way to buy those items is to be a Top Star member and you have to be accepted to the program by either being invited or being approved after filling out the interest survey.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

It looks like eBay has finally at least updated the landing page to look a little less sketchy. 🤣 

topstar.jpg

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I would love to join 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Zombie thread

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply