cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Top Star Buyer Loyalty Program

Has anyone heard of or been invited to the eBay Top Star program?

Looks like it's targeting mostly buyers of sneakers, watches, handbags, and trading cards. 

https://topstar.ebay.com/

topstar.jpg

I've seen several sneakerheads on Twitter showing off new kicks they got through the program.

One Reddit user reported being blocked from purchasing a pair of shoes with a message that states "We know this is a great find, but this item can only be purchased by Top Star members" - so it sounds like membership may have its privileges. 🤔

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

that link doesn't look right...looks like a scam

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Please enter your country /  first name / last name...LOL

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

that link doesn't look right...looks like a scam

Not unless the official eBay Sneakers Twitter page is in on the scam. 🤣

https://twitter.com/ebaysneakers/status/1402639796628078593 

topstar2.jpg

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Ah ok. That website looks terrible. LOL.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

Ah ok. That website looks terrible. LOL.

@gkn29  yeah, even on Reddit several people thought it looked suspicious and I don't blame them or you for thinking that.

I was trying to confirm if it was something official from eBay and found that Twitter post, so as far as I can tell it is legitimate, though I agree the website itself doesn't lend a lot of credibility.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Ebay has no inline links to this program nor do they have a Twitter with an official link. Reported! Let eBay tell us truth.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I was WRONG!! Ebay support has confirmed this program is real!

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@big-shoppa  I provided links and a screenshot to the official eBaySneakers Twitter referencing the official link for this program - not sure what there is to report there?

As far as letting eBay tell us - it's pretty obvious they aren't making a huge public announcement as it is an invite only program, but I thought others here may be interested any way.

If we waited for eBay to tell us everything around here, we still wouldn't know half of what is going on with Managed Payments. 🤣

99.99% of the time you can find information here from other users long before eBay ever decides to communicate - that's why the community is such a valuable resource, but take it with a grain of salt.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  Though I appreciate your links that you sent,  Twitter is not an official eBay partner, you have 0 feedback with your posted account, as well as, you provided no credentials that you work with or for eBay. so I contacted eBay through official channels myself to find out if that program was official or not. I apologize if that was offensive to you and that you needed to post what you did just now. I hope this helps.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@big-shoppa wrote:

@valueaddedresource  Though I appreciate your links that you sent,  Twitter is not an official eBay partner, you have 0 feedback with your posted account, as well as, you provided no credentials that you work with or for eBay. so I contacted eBay through official channels myself to find out if that program was official or not. I apologize if that was offensive to you and that you needed to post what you did just now. I hope this helps.

@big-shoppa  no worries, it takes far more than that to offend me. 🤣 I posted what I did just to clear up any confusion that the information I provided originally did in fact already come from an official eBay source. 

I'm not sure what you mean by Twitter not being an official eBay partner? I wasn't saying that Twitter itself has anything to do with it, but yes eBay does maintain several Twitter IDs that are verified (blue check mark) and official eBay corporate accounts - just like they do on Facebook and other social media channels.

@askeBay is the official Twitter eBay support handle just as @eBaySneakers is the official eBay corporate run Twitter account for all things related to their sneaker authentication program and marketing efforts.

These verified corporate run social media accounts are just as much "official corporate channels" as posts here from eBay staff or other direct forms of communication from eBay.  I neither work for nor speak for eBay in any capacity, which is why I provided a screenshot and direct link to an official eBay source for the information.

Like most folks around here, I'm just an eBay user who enjoys learning more about eBay and trying to help others where I can - which is what this member to member community is all about.  On that note, many people here use posting accounts for various reasons. Personally, I think it's far more useful to look at the content of someone's contributions to the community rather than the number displayed under their name but your mileage may vary.  😊

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I did not have to sign up or anything. EBay sent me an email and welcomed my to their Top Star program. I then later got a package from them that had a “Welcome to Top Star” and it came with a resin cast of a Jordan 1 sole. Just got an email this morning to check my EBay account and I opened my EBay and it was dunks, readymade blazers, some Jordan 1’s, Yeezy’s all for retail. I grabbed a pair of Readymades. 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@williahodge-93 wrote:

I did not have to sign up or anything. EBay sent me an email and welcomed my to their Top Star program. I then later got a package from them that had a “Welcome to Top Star” and it came with a resin cast of a Jordan 1 sole. Just got an email this morning to check my EBay account and I opened my EBay and it was dunks, readymade blazers, some Jordan 1’s, Yeezy’s all for retail. I grabbed a pair of Readymades. 

Thanks @williahodge-93 ! I know some people were chosen and invited like you were without having to sign up or anything.

From what I've been able to find, it looks like eBay has certain sellers create a 2nd store for "Top Star only" items - is that what you are seeing or do some sellers have both Top Star only and regular items in the same store?

This is the one example I've found.

solestage.jpgsolestageTS.jpg

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

From what I could tell is that they do limited drops. So there were 40 items to choose from that were available for the drop and you could choose your size and was limited one pair per person.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Do you think they’ll be more drops until the 11th? Because we say it’s live for only 1 day but say the event is from the 9th-11th

Message 15 of 28
latest reply