cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Money Back Guarantee policy not working.

I've just realized that the money back guarentee in certain cases doesn't function.

I didn't  received an item.

I ask for money back from seller and Ebay sends a messages that the money has been refunded. 

Now I check my bank status and the money is nowhere to see! 

Ok I check with Paypal .... and they have registeret the money and declare that it has been send to my "creditcard".  

So I try to open a case with paypal ... and now it turns out that they don't want to have anything to do with it. 

Reason: they stat that the money should have gone from the seller to my card???? 

So the seller seems to tell ebay that he returns the money, and tells paypal he sends the money. 

Both registeres a "fictive" transaction and is happy with that. 

You cant request money through Ebay moneyback guarantie in this case. so it is void. 

You can't contact paypal to handle the refund they should have received, since I use paypal to pay the transaction. 

Erik 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay Money Back Guarantee policy not working.

When did ebay tell you the money got refunded?   You do realize that the money isn't processed instantly....?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Did you file an Item Not Received case in ebay's Resolution Center?  The seller replied within 3 days and refunded your money?  If so, the refund goes back to the funding source.  If that was a credit card, it can take up to one billing cycle for it to show up on your bank statement.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@esteenjakob_8,

In addition to what disneyshopper wrote, you can call the number on the back of your card and ask if a refund is being processed.  If you were checking your accounts over the weekend, depending on your bank, electronic transfers made after business hours on a Friday, may not clear until Monday.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It usually takes up to a week to go back to you funding source. I twice even had it take a month.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

the MBG works good when its used in the resolution center.it needs to be used in the proper place

the MBG does not apply to ebays message system or emails

messaging a seller is not using your MBG if you ask for a return.its just asking for a return in the message system

the action happens in the dispute console or resolution center

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Well... 'Money' Back Guarantee doesn't mean you'll actually receive money. Your refund will be credited to your credit card, or to the original payment method. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply