cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Authenticity Guarantee is a life saver!

Just want to give a shout out to the Authenticity Guarantee department for once again saving me from a bad seller and a huge headache. I knew this order wasn’t going to turn out well the day after I bought the item but I waited patiently knowing eBay had my back. This is such a tremendous service and I am so grateful for it! Wish I could personally shake each and every one of your’s hands. Thank you!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Glad it worked out for you... the authenticity guarantee has been a nightmare for a number of legitimate sellers though.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@justagirl12 

< once again saving me from a bad seller >     

Once again?  Does that mean routinely?  Do your best to vet the sellers before you make your purchase, so it won't be necessary to use the Money Back Guarantee.  eBay has disqualified some buyers from using the MBG if they use it too much.  They don't tell us how much is too much.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@gosimus 

I didn’t use the money back guarantee. The item I purchased went through eBay’s authenticity guarantee. They are the ones that rejected it and sent it back to the seller. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@tinsoldierunderground 
Sorry to hear that. I’ve been on both ends and it’s always worked as it should. It protects buyers from receiving an item different than what was listed and it protects sellers from getting scammed by buyers who open false claims. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@justagirl12 

< went through eBay’s authenticity guarantee >    

Sometimes members use almost, but not quite, correct terminology.  One thing that I shouldn't let irk me so much, but it does, is when someone refers to a Feedback as a Review.  Anyway, at first, I thought you meant the MBG.  Later, I realized that you actually meant the Authenticity Guarantee, but by then it was too late to edit.  I'm glad it's working for you.    

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@justagirl12 

That's interesting, because your two posts of 5/8/23 seem to say otherwise.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, I was wrong. The bag wasn’t counterfeit but the strap had been altered and at that time it was difficult to contact authenticity guarantee. But, in the end they did make it right.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

As long as you're happy in the end, that's all that matters. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply