cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get a human at ebay to help me

I WAS SHOWED THAT I BOUGHT A KNIFE BUT i did not buy it. they charged me and now seller won't answer me

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: cant get a human at ebay to help me

why does eBay act like they don't know us! over 20 years and I can't get help. it's only 14.00 item but I did not buy the item and should be refunded as it was not shipped. I tried to contact t seller 5 min after it ended and I was notified I bought it? but nothing. now I don't know if account is safe. or if I'll even get the item. why can't I get a human to help like old days. now there is no o.e. I will be quiting after all these years. I WILL BE DONE WITH FLEABAY. HAD ENOUGH..ITS ONLY 14.00 BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. OLD PEOPLE HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME. WHY SHOULD I BE TREATED LIKE I DONT EXIST?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sounds like auto-pay gone wild. You can request a cancellation within the first hour after that you'll have to message the seller.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

As a seller, I never ship anything a buyer does not want and always cancel if the item has not shipped. 

When was the purchase made? How long ago did you message the seller?

Posting ID
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I WAS SHOWED THAT I BOUGHT A KNIFE BUT i did not buy it

@thefeesr2high 

Did you perhaps make an offer on a knife?   Were you required to supply a payment source in order to be allowed to make an offer?  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I really don't think so. that's not my style of knife. I had Mt eye on another knife that was slightly more but far better for my needs. I do not get it? it's weird. seller sent me an email that he refunded the money and canceled the order but uts still shows on my card. so I'll give it a day or so. and then get CC  people involved. it's no big deal 14.20 is not the point. at that price it's seems making an offer would be kinda cheesy thing to do. I mean really, what to save a dollar or two. makes no sense. he has other knives that are ok that I would just outright purchase. no sense at all. now I have to figure out how to get that card off the auto pay thing that it does apparently. funny that a couple minutes not an hour after supposedly making the purchase I could not cancel it. that's really weird.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

One more thing. that's not my point anyways my.piint is why are there no HUMANS to talk to to explain to adjudicate and help...? no humans any more ebay apparently does not make enough money. I have been ebay since the very beginning back when you could Como with other bidders, ask other folks questions about the item they bought things like that. now you can't  see who your bidding against. in the old days you could easily report SHILL bidders and rings of people working together to raise prices. it's no longer an auction sight it's a flea market. people buy junk at yard sakes and sell them on eBay for tons of untaxed income. whole groups in collage use to do it and help each other amd you could track them. but nope now ebay don't care they like that so they make fees. I have had my handle fir 25 years at least it says it all.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Even if you did contact CS, there's nothing they would do.

It's up to the seller if they want to cancel an order or not.

If you paid by credit card, it could be a few weeks to a complete billing cycle or the refund to show up.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If the Order was cancelled and refunded, the buyer gets a communication directly from eBay. 

A communication from the buyer is not an official cancellation.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

seller sent me an email that he refunded the money and canceled the order but uts still shows on my card. so I'll give it a day or so.

It always takes longer to take charges off cards than to put them on.

Because the card and the merchant want you to have the merchandise as soon as you pay, which makes you happy.

But the card and the merchant want to be sure that the payment is returned to the right person.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply