Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Scam and very bad sellers to do business with

I may be way behind or very late with this idea but recently I have been affected by a higher than normal scams or sellers that are doing terrible business coupled with customer service that is even worse. One of the most recent was auto parts geek o...

Bidding

I'm bidding against myself for an item and I didn't know you could do that I thought my bid would be the lowest bid since no one bid against me but bid increased when I raised my limit

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Tried sniping lately? You are in for a big surprise.

Ebay has once again been messing with the end time which is now not the real end time. Twice today I sniped with my usual 4 seconds left on the second countdown timer only to witness the counter reset to 15 seconds left. Lost both items after it appe...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 52 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyer Beware

I’ve loved Ebay for years. I give Sellers the benefit of the doubt. But I have noticed that I am the 2nd buyer this month that has purchased from and has not received my $107 order nor any communication from the Seller after numerous attempts. I have...

Need to pay by a certain time?

I want to take advantage of combined shipping with a seller that lists auctions daily. The seller is cool with this but thinks eBay will automatically cancel my winning auctions, that have not been paid, if not paid with 5 days of the auctions ending...

State sales tax

Anyone, How can I obtain a document displaying the state tax I paid on my purchases?

Resolved! Prepaid credit, PayPal AND checking debit card won't work - what's up w/ this recent debacle?

Several months ago, a prepaid credit card worked to purchase here (had my identitity stolen via T-Mobile with SSN, Driver's License number; and, had to shut down my credit cards/freeze things through the credit agencies, etc.). Fast forward to two mo...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

"Left Parenthesis" now gives previous search?

Experts, Today I tried using parentheses as an "OR" function in a search: "(term1, term2, term3) blah blah blah . . ." It gave me my previous search if I entered the "(" first, and ignored the parenthesis if I tried to use it later in the search fiel...

Can't view pics or description on my purchased items

As of this morning on mobile app I can no longer see the pics or description of items I have purchased. When I click on the item in my purchase history it takes me to the item has ended but won't let me see pics, shipping info, description or handlin...

Screenshot_20221026-140055.png
User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay feedback no longer relevant

The following applies to buying and selling.. Less of a question and more of just a general announcement for all those who weren’t already aware..After two of my most recent purchases ending less than ideal.. most recent being a seller who didn’t pos...

How do you feel about packing slips in your package?

These are question for the buyers. I really want a buyers perspective on this. 1) Do you like receiving a packing slip with your order with a thank you note on the slip? 2) Do you feel the packing slip helps the post office if the box and label get d...

Resolved! fraudulent purchases

I have a weird situation, my paypal account has 5 $199.99 purchases in one day. All for streaming tv's according to ebay, however they do not show up in my ebay purchases. Ebay was able to see what they were from the order id number. I did not buy an...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors