Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Seller sent extra item and wants me to mail it to someone else?..

Hi there, I ordered from an ebay seller thinking I was avoiding big box stores. My item came in a large Walmart box. Two days later the seller informed me that he accidentally sent the item twice and asked that I pay him for the item and keep it. It ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 28 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Buyer beware

It looks like I got ripped off by a scammer. eBay was absolutely no help in resolving the issue. Now a can’t even leave negative feedback for the seller. It sure looks like eBay is just trying to sweep it under the rug. I’m going to look into how thi...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Missing Field To Ask Question

I wanted to ask the seller a question, and it only provides a Phone Number. It does not allow written correspondence.

Missing Field To Ask Question.jpg
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! My Garage

I believe this feature (My Garage) has a flaw. It lets you select only year, brand, model and trim. There is no way to specify transmission type (manual or automatic), and this leads to suggestions that aren't applicable to my car. For example, items...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller bidding on his own listing to gouge price

I put a bid on this machine after contacting the seller, then the bids started jumping up to almost 200.00, well I confronted him about it since it still had 3 days left and turns out it was him bidding on his own machine to jump up price. Now he won...

Screenshot_20230828_112151_eBay.jpg

Seller response to buyer feedback

I posted a negative feedback for a Seller who responded with total lies. I checked other negative responses and he has varying degrees of the same type of response, namely that he has sent several of the same item and even refunded the money so he no...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking Information Missing

After the item is presumably delivered, the Tracking Information is removed by Ebay. What if the item didn't arrive? How are you supposed to track it? How are you supposed to notify the Shipper. Open a case with the Post Office, or other shipping com...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Page Is Stuck

No response when I click on the Bell. There are two messages. I had to wait a very long time before the page would respond.

Page Is Stuck.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Missing Picture and Wrong Currency

On the Purchase History, the Picture is not showing up, and it is showing the wrong Currency. In the United States it is supposed to show U.S. Currency.

MissingPictureCanadianCurrency.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blockings

How can a seller block a buyer? I have a seller that has blocked me but I don't know why unless they were offended by my message asking if they will accept a certain amount. I don't recall if that could be possible but being I don't get rude with any...

Sellers selling items they don't have

This is really getting to be a problem. I've had this happen twice to me in a month. I needed a chainsaw to cut some trees on my property, one of which smashed my garage.In both cases there was radio silence after I ordered and im convinced nothing w...

Shady Sellers...

Hey eBay! Here's my situation... Found a great lot of video games on a bid. After bidding I noticed it was showing "local pickup" in a city over 2000 miles away. I emailed dude and he emailed back stating he made an error and if I was the winner we w...

Received an open and damaged box.

Hi, i received an damaged and open box yesterday. There are no handle, no charger, nor user manual when I got the box. I asked for a refund immediately but have not get any response.  

IMG_2785.jpeg
User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors