cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller response to buyer feedback

I posted a negative feedback for a Seller who responded with total lies. I checked other negative responses and he has varying degrees of the same type of response, namely that he has sent several of the same item and even refunded the money so he now makes it sound like I have received two items and a full refund. He has taken me past the refund stage with tales of health and family issues and postal  issues and promises, which I stupidly fell for , as this has never happened before. 

So (1) is there anyone way I can rebut his answer and (2) is there anyway a complaint can be  lodged with ebay as this person is commiting  theft  and will take others in on his or her schemes. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You can still file for item not received at paypal, you have six months there, or your cc.filing a case against him and your neg fb will do more than reporting him. Ebay wont do anything, since you let him string you along past the mbg time. enough cases of inr will get him suspended.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It looks like the seller is paying for 10-day handling time by receiving poor feedback. My guess is that the delay in shipping (although within his terms) is because he doesn't want to ship before funds are released. Personally, I'd never make a buyer wait that long before shipping, but sellers are within their rights. 

As a buyer, you're expected to read the full listing including handling and shipping times. Were you impatient because you didn't know about the extended handling time? 

It does look like the seller issued a full refund so just get on with your life and find another seller with the same item. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

BTW, personally, I think you should have waited to cool off before leaving feedback. You should never leave it when you're emotional or ticked off because it makes you look bad and can have a negative effect on your ability to buy from other sellers who may see what you've left @divi0_1 . JMO.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I kind of thought over 60 days was long enough to wait especially when he said he sent a 2nd item (never received) and sent me a refund (never received).   I have never given anyone a bad review in all of these 

years always giving  everyone the benefit of the doubt but this one has been  really bad and it wasn't cheap. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I'm not sure how many follow-ups are allowed on one feedback. Feedback is not intended to be a 'who has the last word' fight. But even if you can leave a response,  you definitely shouldn't. Your original comment already makes you appear slightly unhinged (hint: step away from the exclamation points when leaving feedback). 

As for lodging a complaint against the seller, the way to have done that was to open an item not received case. Unfortunately that window has closed. Hopefully you've learned the lesson to not let sellers string you along past the deadline to open a case.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

JMO, I think if you have a problem you should file a dispute. If no dispute is filed then you didn't have a problem, and therefore,  you shouldn't  be allowed to leave negative feedback. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

This issue is over but FYI  I am not unhinged .  I am old school and believe  in what people say so  I got led on and on and believed  in what I was being told and lost the chance to dispute. I don't want them to do the same to others and I believe there were other negative feedbacks so it was not just me. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I never said you were unhinged.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Sorry about that someone else did. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi @divi0_1 

No one called you unhinged.  They said your comment made you appear unhinged … which is unfortunately true.  [We all appear unhinged when we try to communicate while we’re in upset mode.]  

You have a 2nd chance to describe what happened more clearly by leaving a ‘Follow up’ to the feedback.  Take your time, type it out elsewhere, and edit it for professionalism and coherence before you copy & paste it into your feedback profile.

I would phone your credit card company and request a chargeback for the item you never received.  There may still be time.  Good luck!  😊

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If you did not receive your  purchase, did you open an item not received case within 30 days of the estimated delivery date? 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply