Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Fake/bogus listing?

Has anyone else come across this. Twice I've seen an item listed that's looked suspect on viewing and when I've searched the listing number on ebay it says not found. Then suddenly although you can see the listing, in a matter of a few minutes you ca...

The negative viewer problem

Once again the i.t. department shows us it's glorious ineptitude, when it comes to squashing, the negative viewer count!

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

CAUTION: Chinese New Year starts Feb 16, 2018

This is the biggest holiday in Asia with many businesses closing down for 2-4 weeks. Many Ebay sellers in Asia will not be there to fill orders during this time. Do not buy during this time as they will not be at the office to fill your order. Your o...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 8 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Is it usual to ban someone that places an offer that is too low?

I saw a book that a seller posted with the "make an offer" option. Since it had water damage and other defects, I made an offer for what I thought the book was worth in that condition. The seller did not accept it and we had no other communication. F...

• 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

Rude seller/Profanity

I contacted a seller to let her know that I liked the proucts she made and asked her if she would make me a custom one and I also asked her for a quote as I would pay more. Her first reply to me was rude. When I asked her another question, she wrote ...

Fraudulent seller?

Is he selling Nas or just an empty box and a bunch of cables for the price of 200$. He's not answering my messages Thx

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Current Feedback System Is Useless To Sellers

The system to leave feedback for buyers is flawed. You can only leave positive. I've has a big problem with non payers. So a case is opened, some eventually pay some don't. Your only choice as a seller is leave no feedback or leave a positive rating ...

I keep seeing the same scam auctions over and over

The same scam seems to show up over and over. It is listed as a one day auction but the description says " all bids will be cancelled this item is for buy it now only, contact me at the email address below to purchase". The auctions always have a ver...

Resolved! I won - AT MY EXACT PRICE????

Hi, I won an auction, and it listed my EXACT BID PRICE as the winning bid, and what I paid. I am not complaining, or going after the seller, etc. I paid a fair price. But HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I bid a price that I purposely designed to be fairly rand...

Arthritis Hand braces

I have been looking for a brace for my right hand and listing says $2.97 but when you go to size and color, the cheapest one is $7.97.. Isn't this like EBay clickbait or something.. It hurts me a lot to do the search and to find that it's false adver...

Seller Hub & Bidding

I'm using seller hub (no choice) and don't know where to find items I'm bidding on. Can anyone tell me where my active bidding/buying is on seller hub (not purchase history)? Thanks.

Follow up feedback not posting

I just tried to leave follow up feedback using the latest version of Firefox on a desktop PC, didn't receive any type of error message, but the comment never showed up. This seems to have been a problem since about December 2015 based on past discuss...

eBay Auction suddenly ends with 14 seconds remaining?

eBay item number 173158533364 this auction ended suddenly with 14 seconds remaining. I've been bidding since 1998 and I've never had that happen before or even heard of it happening. There was no buy it now option. Clock was clicking down very normal...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Leaving feedback for a seller after a cancelled order

I'm on the fence about this one ... a seller had an item listed for $130 or BO. I made an offer of $120. A little while later, he accepted. I paid right away. Yesterday, he cancelled, using the generic "out of stock / item damaged" reason. He refunde...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Listing Yanked.

Things that make ya' go hmmmmmm........ Buy a widget, $5, generic, nothing special about it, no brand names, etc. Several days ago, it arrives fine, as expected. Looking at my Purchase History page, I see a blurb about 'we had to remove this listing ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors