Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Thanks ebay! You shafted me at both ends!

I recently won a bid and then a few minutes later the seller cancelled claiming "damaged or out of stock". I could have bid on something else in the meantime. I think that the seller didn't get as much as they liked so they decided to get out of the ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

seller sent me less items in the same package

my friends help what i can do because i open 2 case's and " ebay " close them with out any refund to my fever i bought from the same seller five items (model cars) in a five different auctions:: 4 of the items are new in a box as you can see in the a...

Resolved! Seller possibly passed away?

Hello. I was going to buy an item from a seller but then noticed in the past few months all their feedback had become neg and this seller prior to that had a good rating. I also noticed this seller hadn't listed any new items for about 3mnths, they a...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller cancelling after winning

I won a phone, seller cancelled, then immediately relisted for a higher price. I cannot find how to post negative feedback on the seller. Seller messaged that he found out phone was locked, reason to cancel was out of stock, then immediately relisted...

Purchase Reports

How do I print a report of all the items I have purchased in 2023. I know there used to be a way to print out a report like this. But its been a while and I cant remember how to get to that area.

No Longer Able to Submit Eligible Purchases to eBay Vault

Now that essentially all auctions are set to auto-pay, it it impossible to click the submit to eBay Vault option at checkout. Is there a workaround or an address I can use to have eligible purchases go directly to the eBay vault? As a NYC resident, I...

Resolved! Selling Scam?

My hobby is photography equipment. From time to time, a seller will list an expensive camera or lens with a starting bid of $1.00 and with no buy-it-now option. However, in the description, the seller mentions a buy it now price of say $2,000 or $2,5...

Excessive wait for pre authorization to be released

I purchased 2 items totalling 201.27, ebay pre-authorized my debit card for the amount, my bank sent the requested money, it posted to my account, now 4 days later ebay is still holding the pre-authorized amount. I already received the items and the ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 15 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Refund Not found

I made a purchase, my PayPal account was charged, the status in eBay is paid.The seller contacted me and stated that the package was lost by the shipper, and that the seller would refund the purchase. The tracking information shows that it has not sh...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors