Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Hot Wheels sellers currently suck!

First of all, I am an adult collector of Hot Wheels. Over the past several weeks, I have experienced issues with some Hot Wheels sellers. I have had a couple sellers wait two to three days before even beginning to ship my purchase! Several years ago,...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 23 replies
  • 3 helpful

ebay won't give me my money back when seller is banned and scamming people.

I bought a Rolex about a month ago. the seller shipped out business cards to a different address in my city, not to me. I have sent ebay a picture of the package because I tracked it down. it was 100 business cards to a women 10 miles from me. Ebay h...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sellers losing sales due to managed payments

We are buyers as well as sellers on Ebay and when my wife runs across a sellers that has managed payments and doesn't accept Paypal we just move on to someone who does or go to another site.

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 5 replies
  • 2 helpful

2 of 7 items not marked as paid

2 of my items had not been marked paid but the money for them was taken off my debit card. I had paid for them normally. 5 of the items are marked paid and are being shipped. please help I am waiting on two items and all I can figure is that I will h...

Unfair bidding practices?

Not sure how well socialized this is among the EBay community, but it is a practice I just learned about was surprising to me. I noticed repeatedly that an unidentified private bidder was consistently winning auctions that I was bidding on in the las...

• 20 replies
  • 12 helpful

How to END the scourge of multiple-price listings, and fix "sort by price" in one fell swoop!

Sick of searching for a particular buy-it-now item, sorting by price, and ending up with hundreds of listings at the top that have multiple options with different prices, and the cheapest option (which eBay has sorted to the top because of the low pr...

• 21 replies
  • 38 helpful

TRUTH IN PRICING

What I mean by "TRUTH IN PRICING": Sellers lists item for sale for $4.99. When I go to order I chose color - price stays same, but then when I put size in the price jumps up drastically (sometimes $10 or more). So I go back and start over - wondering...

Are you kiding me? No way to report a bug?

Seriously, I have to call you or receive a call instead of adding screenshots and details about the bug??!! I am trying to make a bid for a smartphone and I cant.I am not in Israel, I dont have Isreali address in my settings and any other settings.

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping Label

Hey people as much as possible do not fold over your label or put tape on any part of the inside of the box the label is around. Why this is a problem, Tape on the barcodes causes lines and a reflection causing the automated machinery or the optical ...

$10 coupon code

I revisited an open tab for an item I'm watching in ebay. Noticed a banner that says, "Don't forget your $10 coupon". Is this legit?

I paid

On April 19th I purchased a notebook from the eBay seller. Paid with $2.37 PayPal Cash Plus balance $84.08. My bank account shows Amount:-84.08 Description A YP AL INST XFER Posted Date:4/22/2019.I never received the item. Seller does not answer. Ope...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Purchases Paid for with PayPal Defaulting to Guest

Several days ago all of my eBay purchases, paid for with PayPal, no longer appear in my PayPal account. I made no changes to either my eBay or PayPal account. I contacted both eBay and PayPal and their answers were useless. What settings must I chang...

Bought item from seller, item hasn't shipped and seller has item posted on another site for more $$$

I bought a pair of shoes from an ebay seller. After doing so I decided to google them to see reviews on the retailer site. When I did that I found the seller and the item freshly listed on another selling platform for more money. She had posted it af...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors