Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Bought an item w/ Buy It Now. Then days later, seller raises price & wants to cancel my sale

Please help me understand what is happening...is my seller being dishonest? What type of feedback should I leave? I purchased one item (3 were available) over a week ago via Buy It Now and paid with PayPal. The seller never uploaded tracking, but mar...

Ebay deleting negative feedback I left for seller

Hello- first post here.I just checked some negative feedback I left for two sellers:One sold me an outright counterfeit item. I complained to them, and then left feedback. Of course, now it's gone. There was no dispute the item was counterfiet, even ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Started to purchase an item

I was getting ready to pay for an item when a new page popped up and didn't offer PayPal, only credit cards, was wondering if this is a new ebay policy or did the seller just not want to use PayPal?

Anyone use eSnipe?

I just went to put a bid in eSnipe so I don't have to set an alarm and put in a last minute bid. I am getting this message. ???? Safe? Anyone else get it? One more thing, just a comment, off topic (sorry) . Geez, I am looking at earrings on Ebay. Loo...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chinese (Hong Kong) electronics sellers possibly falsely posing as US seller...

I have a feeling there is a seller on eBay (likely hundreds i'm guessing) posing as a US seller, but saying it's coming from the US. Ordered a $600 electronics item last Thursday. Fedex Smartpost shipping label created right away... but item shows it...

Fake tracking number

I'm so frustrated over getting a refund from a seller that posted a fake tracking number. I sent two emails to the seller requesting a refund or the product with no results. I tried to cancel the order but because they added the fake tracking number ...

Coupons

For the most part, is E-Bay now excluding some of the most popular categories from their coupons? I ask because there is an app coupon I was notified about----that excludes computers, consumer electronics, gaming, and a bunch of other very popular ca...

Fraud members

When ebay is aware that a member is a fraud seller and ebay has not taken steps to remove this seller or alert other members by the feedback field, how do we protect legit members? How is the ebay community safe when ebay is hiding the fact that they...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller charging too much sales tax

There are sellers who charge sales tax in all or almost all states. How does anyone know if they remit the taxes collected to the various states? Does ebay require sellers to furnish a copy of their permits from each state? I found one seller that is...

Warning about Japanese Sellers on US or EU Ebay

How come and why Ebay let these guys controlling most of the guitars on sell ? Prices are way to much and same guitar is advertised by 4, 5 different sellers?? Some guitars on sell doesn't even exist ?? I have made an offer to a guy 2 times for the s...

Increased problem with sellers

I've been with eBay for over 20 years now and within the last five years of being a member I have seen a rash of sellers doing weird things on the site. I called eBay today and they said to use the "Report Item" button, I tried, but there are not any...

I'm so sick of these PO box exclusions.

I do not have a street address that takes mail, period....and that really isn't so unusual. All three of the last places I lived had a street address that was too out of the way or too frequently robbed. I had no choice but to rely on a PO box and on...

Giving a discount on multiple items

I have a buyer that wants to buy at least 19 of my items. And I offered her a $50 discount but now how do I go about giving her this discount? She hasn't purchased anything yet and I am in the Ebay managed payments so I can't go into Paypal for a par...

Resolved! How did buyer win this auction?

When 85 bid at 5:20:20 the price should have raised to $40.04. How did 3e win at $40.08 without the mandatory $1 bid increase?

Most Marked as Helpful Authors