Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Excessive sales tax or not?

I started to buy an item for $16.00 (Buy It Now) and before I confirmed and paid, I saw that the seller was charging $4.00 (25%) for sales tax. Isn't this excessive? I've had to pay sales tax before, but never anything close to 25%. The seller was lo...

Bidders bidding then ignoring the sale . Bidders in Collusion with each other on bids .

Had a sale on a Disney Animation Cell and sold to high bidder . There was no email response and no contact for around 20 days . Then gave a second chance offer to the next bidder who tried to get me to sell for cheep saying the original bidder called...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Let The Buyer Beware of some Ebay Vendors

Buying on ebay has, for the most part, been a fun process. However, every once in a while you run across a sneaky vendor. I count myself as a serious ebay buyer. I consider it my duty to inform and to warn other serious ebay buyers of potential rip o...

Tax !!

I think it really sucks that we now have to pay tax when we buy something on eBay from another state. I might as well just buy from a retailer as the prices on eBay aren't as low as they were. At least with some retailers you get free shipping and no...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 32 replies
  • 2 helpful

Payment Pending glitch in MyEbay

I have purchased several items and paid for them. About half have already been shipped but they show the little hourglass symbol (payment pending). The payment is complete in Paypal and the money has come out of my bank account. I have one seller who...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Negative Feedback on Resolved Issue

I left negative feedback for a seller and it has not shown up. It's a long story but I had to resolve things through eBay resolution. Initially it was found in the seller's favor but when I called it was reversed. So my question is if something is re...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! How to prosecute for fraud seven months later

I purchased a $300 book in December. It was sold as "Like New." It came in a book cover for the DJ. Recently I decided to replace the book cover. When I took it off, I discovered water damage on the DJ. As anyone who buys or sells collectible books w...

winning bidders step up and pay or at least respond to invoice

I have listed an item twice . the first time the winner returned item , I refunded no problem he sent me a reply letting me know he changed his mind. then after I relisted it I had another winner , I waited 5 days for him to pay , sent him an invoice...

Seller Communication

What do I do when I’ve sent 6 messages to a seller and none of the messages have been returned? its been a week since I paid for the merchandise and it hasn’t been shipped either!

eBay concierge service?

I am just a buyer on eBay and they just asked me to join this service. They are touting 5 free returns for any reason per quarter! How do they expect sellers to make any money with this carp?Your returns refundedChanged your mind? We'll cover return ...

Search now returns many irrelevant results

I have many saved searches with the word ‘bead’ in them.Recently these searches have started returning items that have the word ‘pearl’ and other words instead. I don’t know if this is because it’s a related term or another languages word for ‘bead’ ...

Terrible Bidders

Some of you guys are terrible bidders. Just started watching an item that ends in three days. In two days, someone took the item from $50 to $320. Now, it's at $630. I can't help but laugh. The person is about to overpay and be unable to profit if th...

Would love to block sellers or at least create a "do not buy from these sellers" list

I've seen many archived discussions regarding the same. I would love to be able to block sellers who I never want to buy from again. I understand we can go into the advance search to exclude sellers to my filters, but I can't possible remember who th...

Resolved! Brand new Iphone 8 Plus

I have been searching for a brand new iPhone 8 plus, but I can't find one sold by a seller with good feedback. Anyone with a good offer?

Most Marked as Helpful Authors