Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Potential Fraud?

Can't find any link in eBay to report potential fraud so I am posting this here. This car is listed for sale on Craigslist in Spokane for $6500.https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-BMW-3-Series-i-/392644812572?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Is Ebay collecting sales tax for Idaho now? (June 2019)

Idaho resident here. I was just getting ready to buy some items on ebay from several different sellers (located in various states), and noticed that today ebay was going to charge me 7.5% in sales tax. This strikes me as odd for a couple reasons:Idah...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

I mailed item back today. Can seller refuse to refund?

Seller approved a return and had me print out a return label. Label is insufficient postage because it was only for first class postage and the item was originally mailed to me priority mail since it weighed over a pound. I figure seller will get pac...

Return Due Date for an ítem cannot be made

Hi, I have to return an item the arrived damaged, I cannot send it at the date specified in the return because Im overseas, I have tried to contact the seller twice but had no luck receiving and answer, will my refund be procesed if the ítem is recei...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

How does seller send buyer an invoice

I always purchase with gift prepaid debit cards and this was not an option with a particular seller. After calling customer service, they gave me a scripted response that I must use PayPal. I never have and have made many of purchases with prepaid ca...

Resolved! Outbid by Someone Bidding Same Amount After I did - Help Me Understand?

Hello, I am admittedly new to bidding on items, although I have done research into understanding how it works + have won/been the winning bid on auctioned items on Ebay prior to losing this bid. I was the high-bidder for an item at $41.15 just a few ...

Resolved! Removed Listing?

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. On December 31st, I bought a product from a seller. Today, I found out that they removed the listing for the item I bought, and deleted their account. How do I ask Ebay for my money back?

eBay overcharging on Use Tax for Illinois residents

If you are in Illinois, buying from another state, and are charged Sales Tax, check your rate. eBay is overcharging by applying in-state Sales Tax rates based on zip code. They are supposed to be collecting Use Tax, not Sales Tax. State Use Tax rate ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 14 replies
  • 6 helpful

Can a seller alter a price after u purchase?

There was an item posted for 500 dollars and i mesaage the seller saying i would buy it for 400 dollars. They agreed to the price and marked the item sold. Its been a couple days ans i just got a message saying that i need to pay an additional 100 do...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

NZ GST , Did Ebay overcharge me.

Hello all and all posts are welcome. I'am aware that Ebay is meant to be charging GST on all purchases made by people in New Zealand. New Zealand GST is 15%. I just looked at my Order Total after paying, their is no GST on it though it does have this...

Resolved! I won fake bag on auction

HelloPlease can anybody help me.I think that the bag I won on bidding is fake cause I can not find it on google.Seller won't tell the name, and says that the bag is packed and away on vacation and left to friend.Here are some photos.Can I report the ...

about item #123897144669

I bought biking gloves from this seller and received it in very short time. excellent service.

Most Marked as Helpful Authors