cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One X from Questionable Seller

Seller listed Xbox One X accepted my best offer. Within 1 hr uploaded tracking information. Next morning seller said they dropped off package at post office. 48 hrs later tracking info indicates that post office still has not received shipment.  Within the first 24 hrs seller relisted Xbox One X with a quantity of 10 available plus another single auction.  Over the course of the day sold all 11 plus the one I bought. 

I sent a message initially to the seller questioning what the deal is with the 11 additional Xbox One X's they are selling. They said they purchased them on a closeout. Seller has almost no history, 1 feedback and currently has 13 clothing pieces for sale.

I cant communicate with the other 11 buyers because the identities are hidden. 

I guess I am just in for a 2 week ride til I get my money back.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Xbox One X from Questionable Seller

It is against Ebay policy to post information like a seller's or buyer's username. If the seller had such low feedback and no selling history why would you purchase in the first place? Why not go with a more reputable seller? So it must have been at a discounted price right? That is the risk you run, although a buyer is covered on Ebay no matter what so really there isn't much to worry about as far as getting a refund. If nothing shows file a 'Item Not Received' or if you get something completely different or not operable open a 'Item Not As Described' and you will most definitely receive a refund.

Now as for a seller having multiple quantities of something, that isn't unheard of neither. People do find deals or buy in bulk like that to sell, that doesn't necessarily make them a scammer. Hope all turns out well with no headaches but next time by from a reputable seller and the worry is less.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Most times if it's to good to be true then it is
This seller has 1 feedback as a buyer & all the items they have listed now are clothing.
I personal find it odd they are selling a used item with nothing but a stock photo and have so many of them .

Either way at this point you look at your estimated delivery date in your order details

if it doesn't arrive then file an item not received case to get your money back.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I agree with @labs118 . I think it's a bit odd for someone who's been registered with eBay for almost two years to have only one feedback comment--and it's as a buyer, and it's within the last month.

I think I would've skipped purchasing anything from that seller . . . I just get a bad feeling from him/her.

But, all you can do is wait to see whether it arrives . . . and file for a refund if it doesn't.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@mikeag60,

Since I cannot see the seller's info, because it was redacted, I have to go by what  a couple of our more experienced members wrote and the info in your original post. I saw they left you feedback and was able to get some info.

A 2 year old account with only 1 buying feedback in the last 6 months.  Listing 11 -12 of the Xboxes, (As used with 1 stock photo?)  and now listing clothing.

The seller posting a tracking number, telling you they dropped the item off at the P.O. but no updates up until the time you posted. A two week or longer estimated delivery time frame, The X-boxes selling out quickly.  They are also located in one of the remote areas of this state.  Spooky but not a definite scam. 

There is a lot of troubling info there, but as to whether or not it is a scam, that is questionable, since new sellers often do things that look like scams.  This could also be a seller who has another selling ID and just activated this one to sell different items on.

It is not unheard of for an account to be created but go unused for a year or more or for a seller to buy something to get at least one feedback before selling on that account. My original selling ID (for a B&M store) started that way, but it was only 9 months old before i first used it.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The seller ended up refunding my money because I called her out on the scheme. 

Looks like the negative feedbacks are rolling in already for the seller.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply