cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i not required to return the item?

Recieved my order today and it was not at the quality i was expecting so I opened a return case with an explenation and images. Now I got an email about a simning a deklaration and stuff, but ehat surprised me is that it said that I am suppose to keep the item. Why are they letting me do that? Don't they want the iten back?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If you opened a Return, the seller might have lost more money by having it sent back, so they approved the refund.

I don't know anything of "signing a declaration", if that's what you meant. If you're refunded, it's done.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You're in Sweden. If the seller was in the US it's quite likely that return postage would be close to or more than the item is worth. So the seller opted to refund without requiring a return because it's the most cost-effective option. If you've received your refund the transaction is concluded.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I never considered that, can the seller dispute this at all?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

They would have to pay the shipping to get it back.  They must feel it's not worth it.  Sellers can just refund and let you keep it for free.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@twewiking wrote:

I never considered that, can the seller dispute this at all?

@twewiking 

Nope. At face value, the seller approved it. You're all good. 🙌

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

If he thinks its a valid return reason them sure, if he thought it was bull**bleep** or the shipping company was at fault, would he not have a reason to dispute or reject me wanting to return it?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@twewiking wrote:

If he thinks its a valid return reason them sure, if he thought it was bull**bleep** or the shipping company was at fault, would he not have a reason to dispute or reject me wanting to return it?

@twewiking 

The short answer is 'No'. The seller is on the hook for refunding, whether or not the reason is valid. Be happy.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I wonder if this was sold through EIS and eBay covered the return for the seller? Maybe the declaration is something that eBay requires of the buyers? Just speculating here...

-C

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Return cost is probably too much for the seller to send you free postage.

And most buyers would never send photos...usually the nice buyers do.

And maybe the way you emailed the buyer in a professional way.

We sellers don't get a lot of buyers like that with returns or even questions.

I got a nasty email from a buyer last week...very nasty...I pointed out to the buyer the description was listed in 3 parts of the item for sale. Buyer returned an email...just "my mistake"...no feedback even.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply