cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What feedback policy or guideline was violated?

I purchased a OEM battery for a phone from an eBay seller and tested it for mAh capacity to see if met the description 2900mAh. The test included charging it to 100% capacity on the phone, then a measured discharge was accomplished with an Imax B6 Ultimate Charger/Discharger.  The total mAh capacity was 941mAh.  I reported to seller

the battery was "defective" and requested a replacement. That replacement measured 953 mAh.  I told the seller it also was defective and requested a refund. Seller complied.

I posted the following feedback as a neutral:

"Battery sent tested 941mAh, replacement 953 -- NOT 2900mAh -- REFUNDED"

Ebay deleted that feedback.  After a chat and two received emails from customer help no requested specific violation of guidelines or policy was provided, only general info.

Maybe someone can tell me what is wrong with that feedback.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What feedback policy or guideline was violated?

I posed two queries  to "customer-help" on 1/14/2021, first, a more precise reference to all written eBay policies and guidelines, relative to the deleted feedback, and second asking their comment on the answer provided by buyselljack2016.

The following answer was interesting although no comment on second query:

"After a careful review, I can see that the feedback you left is valid. As it turns out, any feedback that was removed due to system or manual removable is permanent. We will conduct an internal investigation on this matter and take the necessary actions to improve our services in the future. For security reasons, any actions taken after this investigation will be privately discussed within eBay."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

If the seller accepts return, and refunds (even without return) they may qualify for any neutral/negative feedback to be auto scrubbed.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

So the "refund" essentially cancels any liability of description fraud.  Seller can then "catch more blind fish".

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It may depend on how much money the seller makes for eBay or what kind of store they purchase. I don’t know for sure, but if I paid for one of the really expensive stores I would expect to be covered in some way (I say that as an honest seller, because some people will leave negs or neutrals for just about anything like the tape was too clear or the size was right but I look fat in these shoes.) I know that if I had a neutral or negative I probably wouldn’t be able to get it removed, but I just have two basic stores.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Actually a couple years ago I had a lady (I’m assuming) leave me a negative after about 3 weeks of delivery saying seller did not state in description that the shoes would scuff after falling down.) I didn’t even try to have it removed. I wanted people to read that one.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Is this "auto scrubbing qualification" mentioned in any eBay policy documentation?  I have read all that has been offered by the help responses and nothing there.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@jttrain wrote:

So the "refund" essentially cancels any liability of description fraud.  Seller can then "catch more blind fish".

Outlandish, extravagant and plain false claims are par for the course all over the Internet, nobody seems to be able to do anything about it.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

You said "refunded"

You can't mention an Ebay case in feedback - refunded would refer to an Ebay case. The seller was able to get it removed on those grounds.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-misuse-policy?id=5030&

"Any references to investigations"

The wording has changed, but mentioning a case has never been allowed. It used to say "reference an Ebay or Paypal case" or something similar to that.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@jttrain wrote:

Is this "auto scrubbing qualification" mentioned in any eBay policy documentation?  I have read all that has been offered by the help responses and nothing there.

I would be interested in knowing how this feature is being abused as well, clearly some sellers are immune from feedback and when a buyer has been sidelined by such an "experienced" seller this can easily be the last straw.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

There was no eBay case opened.  It was between buyer and seller only.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@jttrain wrote:

Fraud would only be if you were not made whole. Mistakes are made, it does not constitute fraud, scam, theft or any of the other over used words on this forum.

Seller erred - corrected - refunded - All without a case even being opened - what more were you wanting?

Thanks for posting............

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I see the feedback as a way to inform other potential buyers of description falsehoods. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@jttrain wrote:

I see the feedback as a way to inform other potential buyers of description falsehoods. 

As you wish, I see it as an honest seller doing the right thing after a mistake was made - eBay evidently agreed.

YMMV

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Seller is continuing to unconditionally use the 2900mAh reference as battery capacity, which was false for the 2 samples I received, and my feedback only referenced those two batteries.  Even if it was an honest mistake why should Ebay remove an honest feedback which does not violate any of their policy or guidelines.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@jttrain wrote:

Seller is continuing to unconditionally use the 2900mAh reference as battery capacity, which was false for the 2 samples I received, and my feedback only referenced those two batteries.  Even if it was an honest mistake why should Ebay remove an honest feedback which does not violate any of their policy or guidelines.

Seriously ? For all or one of the many reasons alreday given up thread. It may be best to just move on, buying on eBay is not for everyone.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply