cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do when I have purchased an item and paid for it via Paypal on Ebay,CA and no item?

Back in Feb9 2023 I purchased an item from a seller on Ebay Canada. I paid for the item $62 C.D and never recieved the item. Taking in consideration of Canada Postal system shipping into US I allowed 3 weeks. Item never arrived and I contacted the seller. I tried contacting the seller several times till the seller replied. The Seller had all types of excuses, so I contacted Ebay,CA. Nothing ever happened. Seller never resolved the issue and never returned my payment . And then I get a notice from Ebay saying request has been closed with no explanation as to why ! Now due to the length of time I can't even post feedback to warn others of this seller. What do I do now? Recontact Ebay and try again? Contact Paypal? Or streight out, am I screwed and out of my money now? I also have to say I hate the fact that there is no phone contact to Ebay to speak to someone 1on1 to resolve or at least get direction. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What do I do when I have purchased an item and paid for it via Paypal on Ebay,CA and no item?

You can file an "Item not received" claim with PayPal up to 180 days after the transaction.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Per eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers, you had 30 days after the last estimated delivery date to open an item not received case with eBay.

Missing that deadline, you have 180 days to file with Paypal, if that's how you paid.

Most credit cards give you about that same time frame.

Two questions:  Have you never read or used the MBG?

Is there a reason you would wait 5 months to handle this?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply