cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to leave negative feedback on “Qualified” seller until a week passes?

Why is this even a thing? Shouldn’t you be able to leave negative feedback on all sellers if they deserve it without having to wait? I now have to wait a week before leaving a warning about a seller who falsely advertised and refuses to be of any help.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Unable to leave negative feedback on “Qualified” seller until a week passes?

jen_proudleowife is right, feedback extortion can be just the buyer just threatenting to leave a negative for whatever, or they can post it and then try to extort a partial or full refund by saying they will remove it if they receive that.

Either way, before posting the neg or after, that is feedback extortion.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: Unable to leave negative feedback on “Qualified” seller until a week passes?

I understand about wanting to note the in feedback, and it can be frustrating to wait, but you will be able to post once the seven days are up.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Ahhh, I never knew that because I have never lost a case.  Makes sense in a way.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Oh, don't I know about those days first hand.  Still, as a buyer I loved 2008 as a seller I hated it but that was after I had left ebay.

Extortion happened from the sellers let me tell you that it did because I know.  You need to change your feedback or I will .........  fill in the blank.  From verbal abuse, vindictiveness, to out right extortion the sellers got what they got and deservedly so.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Sellers can commit feedback extortion by proposing a refund in exchange for feedback revision.

Here is a little diddy I did not mention on my main thread about eBay going to the dogs but that seller, and one of the ones I posted a neutral on did almost exactly that.  15 dollar payment for the first since too many days had passed for them to send me a revision request and 4 dollars for the neutral.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@mob-rules

"How in the world does a buyer do feedback extortion?  Feedback extortion is part of the reason sellers lost their privledge of giving neutral and negative feedback on buyers."

Off the top of my head, "Give me a $___ discount or I'll leave negative."  Not worded so obviously, but you get the idea.  I have no idea if (or how often) this happens because I very rarely sell anything, but I can definitely see this happening.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

It's 7 days and it's just feedback.

Not really a big thing unless you let it be.

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Perhaps you can use that week to contact them and see if they will work with you to solve your problem.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@rolenboy01. The already tried that, twice.  From post #6: " I message them about the “factory new” item being cut open and missing a part they try to act like I’m wrong and don’t know what I’m talking about. Called them out on it and the only “help” I got was them saying to feel free to return it."

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Well, as a seller (especially if a powerseller) eBay will pimp slap any buyer they would turn in for that I am sure.  I guess I am just not an extortionist as my mind doesn't even think like that.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

If you don't want to return it, what exactly is it you expect the seller to do?

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 26 of 26
latest reply