cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to leave negative feedback on “Qualified” seller until a week passes?

Why is this even a thing? Shouldn’t you be able to leave negative feedback on all sellers if they deserve it without having to wait? I now have to wait a week before leaving a warning about a seller who falsely advertised and refuses to be of any help.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Unable to leave negative feedback on “Qualified” seller until a week passes?

Its because the seller is  POWER SELLER and the 7 day wait period is one of the few benefits they get.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Re: Unable to leave negative feedback on “Qualified” seller until a week passes?

Yes, your seller is a Powerseller and Ebay requires buyers to wait seven days before posting negative feedback for them.

This is to encourage you to contact them and work out any issues.

If you could not work out any issues, just wait the 7 days, and then post your feedback.

Be very sure you are aware of what would grounds for the removal of that feedback.  No name calling, profanity, mentioning of cases, etc.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Not to beat a dead horse but "Be very sure you are aware of what would grounds for the removal of that feedback.  No name calling, profanity, mentioning of cases, etc." and I had none of that and still the negative was removed.  Your etc... is pretty broad scoped or is that a "eBay discretion and if they are a big enough seller will probably get it removed anyway" sort of etc...?

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@announcer

Did you have to file a case against the seller? Did you get a refund?

If this is about the seller you negged today, they are not a Power Seller.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

This seller is a different one. I figured with a rating of 99% and score over 2k they’d be helpful. Instead when I message them about the “factory new” item being cut open and missing a part they try to act like I’m wrong and don’t know what I’m talking about. Called them out on it and the only “help” I got was them saying to feel free to return it. Which I’d have to pay for, then lose some of the money so they can “restock” it back to their shelf.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@mob-rules wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse but "Be very sure you are aware of what would grounds for the removal of that feedback.  No name calling, profanity, mentioning of cases, etc." and I had none of that and still the negative was removed.  Your etc... is pretty broad scoped or is that a "eBay discretion and if they are a big enough seller will probably get it removed anyway" sort of etc...?

No, I meant extenuating circumstances, such as competitor buying, feedback extortion, feedback abuse, and malicious buying or auction interference.

I just listed the basic and most common reasons that feedback is removed, but there are others as shown.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@announcer wrote:

This seller is a different one. I figured with a rating of 99% and score over 2k they’d be helpful. Instead when I message them about the “factory new” item being cut open and missing a part they try to act like I’m wrong and don’t know what I’m talking about. Called them out on it and the only “help” I got was them saying to feel free to return it. Which I’d have to pay for, then lose some of the money so they can “restock” it back to their shelf.

You need to go to the Ebay Resolution Center & file a case for SNAD.

The seller will have to pay for the shipping label and you will get your money back.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@announcer wrote:

With all due respect, the MBG would cover you and you would not be required to pay shipping to return it.  Since you got an item that was not as described, you would have opened an item not described case through the Resolution Center.  IF the seller required a return, he would provide a label for you to return the item which he pays for.  When tracking shows the item has been delivered to the seller, you would get a refund of the item price and original shipping.  Ebay gives you 30 days after the estimated delivery date to file this case.  After that, you can file through PP.

Almost every page has the Ebay MBG logo on it, and says, get the item you ordered or your money back.

You might want to read up on the MBG for your protection.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

How in the world does a buyer do feedback extortion?  Feedback extortion is part of the reason sellers lost their privledge of giving neutral and negative feedback on buyers.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Negatives are also removed if you filed a case and they found in favor of the seller.

IOW, when you lose a case, feedback is removed.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Re-stocking fees do not apply on a SNAD item.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@mob-rules wrote:

How in the world does a buyer do feedback extortion?  Feedback extortion is part of the reason sellers lost their privledge of giving neutral and negative feedback on buyers.

Feedback extortion is a buyer posting a negative and saying that they will remove the negative for a partial or full refund.

The reason sellers can no longer leave negatives for buyers is because they could respond to an honest neg by a buyer with abusive, hostile, false feedback.  Buyers could call Ebay to remove this, and still can if the seller leaves a negative comment in a positive format.  

Honest, innocent buyers receiving false abusive and hostile feedback could be so upset they would not buy from Ebay after that, so Ebay did away with that ability in 2008.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@mob-rules wrote:

It’s quite easy for buyers to commit feedback extortion. The ability of sellers to leave less than positive feedback is irrelevant. All a buyer has to do is threaten to leave negative feedback if the seller doesn’t comply with the buyers demands. Basically you can’t use feedback as a weapon whether you are a buyer or a seller. Sellers can commit feedback extortion by proposing a refund in exchange for feedback revision and on the flip side buyers can tell the seller to give them a refund if they want the feedback changed, it goes both ways. You can ask for feedback in exchange for something and you can’t use it to pursuade a buyer or seller into giving you something in return.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I’ve thought about that but the issue is that it’s still the best deal I could get on the item. It’s screwed up that they lied about the condition then tried to tell me I was wrong but it’s the best I got. All I can really do is wait to leave negative feedback for the false advertising and rudeness. More upset about the whole having to wait to warn people about their actions than them trying to screw me over, would have bought it all the same if it was just advertised correctly so I knew what I was getting into.

(edits: minor spelling and wording)

Message 15 of 26
latest reply