cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS tracking says an item is delivered but I haven't received it

The following thing happened to me recently.  The UPS tracking says the item was delivered but I haven't received it. I got in touch with UPS on FB page, sent them a screenshot of order details including my shipping addss, tracking number,  and they told me  that there was no even my name on the package or addss I wanted the item to be shipped to.  I was too late to check the feedbacks left by buyers who bought from the seller in question - many of them still saying that it was a scam issue.  - "" Fake tracking #!...Never receive it. UPS told: wrong address and wrong name. ...Uses ligit UPS tracking # going to your city,but its not to you or your address. ""

I sent a request to resolution center  mentioning all above , but not so extensively as now I have to admit.  I received a reply from Ebay in a very short time  saying " 

We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. However, the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to your address.

After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund."

In fact the details of the case had not been reviewed properly as I see... They did not care what was said by UPS... Ebay did not contact them... Ebay did not check feedbacks...But what is more strange it looks like imho absolutely new , more sophisticated kind of scam, with valid tracking nums... And ebay does not seem to pay attention to such kind of  scam issues.... Any comment or  opinion about all above is welcome... I believe the last resort is to send appeal. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: UPS tracking says an item is delivered but I haven't received it

PayPal case resolution is also decided by bot*, so you would lose with that UPS tracking at PayPal as well.

Instead, your card issuer will call UPS to verbally confirm that the tracking number was an entirely different delivery altogether, not your package, so file a credit card chargeback, and your issuer will pursue a full refund from your seller.

*Read the recent post showing eBay CS cannot stop the bot: CS escalated the same city/zip code INR, the bot decided in favor of the "seller", CS opened an appeal, which awarded the buyer a courtesy refund, while the "seller" kept the original payment.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

One thing I am puzzled about: I understand the 'mail an envelope full of cardboard with tracking, instead of the laptop you thought you were getting, to a different address in the same ZIP' scam. For something like yours, they had to get someone's active tracking number attached to a package going to the right ZIP. No scammer would spend $6 in postage on a scam, they would go for the bare minimum. How are they getting the bogus tracking?

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@airsheep wrote:
they had to get someone's active tracking number attached to a package going to the right ZIP.

How are they getting the [someone's] tracking?

Many of us use "helpful" websites or apps to watch the tracking numbers on of all of our purchases. So these websites now have a searchable collection of active tracking numbers.

The "seller" then buys a tracking number headed for any city they need from these websites, e.g. I need a tracking number for any package going to Beverly Hill CA 90210. UPS (most of the posts are UPS) and FedEx are preferred because the tracking only shows the city name, instead of a specific zip code in a city, so a suitable tracking number is more likely to be found in the collection.

So using the tracking number on another package, the "seller" proves delivery in your city without shipping anything.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Also, UPS and FedEx tracking numbers announce to which city they are headed, as soon as the tracking number is issued, even before it is scanned.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 20 of 20
latest reply