cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS tracking says an item is delivered but I haven't received it

The following thing happened to me recently.  The UPS tracking says the item was delivered but I haven't received it. I got in touch with UPS on FB page, sent them a screenshot of order details including my shipping addss, tracking number,  and they told me  that there was no even my name on the package or addss I wanted the item to be shipped to.  I was too late to check the feedbacks left by buyers who bought from the seller in question - many of them still saying that it was a scam issue.  - "" Fake tracking #!...Never receive it. UPS told: wrong address and wrong name. ...Uses ligit UPS tracking # going to your city,but its not to you or your address. ""

I sent a request to resolution center  mentioning all above , but not so extensively as now I have to admit.  I received a reply from Ebay in a very short time  saying " 

We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. However, the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to your address.

After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund."

In fact the details of the case had not been reviewed properly as I see... They did not care what was said by UPS... Ebay did not contact them... Ebay did not check feedbacks...But what is more strange it looks like imho absolutely new , more sophisticated kind of scam, with valid tracking nums... And ebay does not seem to pay attention to such kind of  scam issues.... Any comment or  opinion about all above is welcome... I believe the last resort is to send appeal. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: UPS tracking says an item is delivered but I haven't received it

Yes, you do need to file an appeal of the initial determination.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Yes, you do need to file an appeal of the initial determination.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Sounds fair. Someone's legal behavior just affected my right to benefit payment, didn't it ??  And one more thing - when a seller does not ship an item - the buyer is on a safe side and he will get a refund. But how old is the story with fake tracking numbers ?? a year or so ??  older? Who knows , maybe its time and its easy for ebay to  make the seller ship an item only to the address provided by buyer.....well , I have to admit I am not a great expert in ebay issues..

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Provide ebay a statement from UPS, related to the package delivery , for the appeal.

Good luck

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I did. will keep you posted. thanks...

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

f you say there is comments about this in his feedback I would contact Ebay and report this seller. A common scam is the seller is sending an empty padded envelope to some business in your town and never sending merchandise out. I would also file a police report with the information provided by UPS. If he is committing fraud it is a serious matter. Good luck and keep us posted

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I am sending an appeal to ebay.   will keep you posted.. thanks...

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I sent to ebay all details I got from UPS on FB including all screenshots of our talk , all screenshots of many negative feedbacks that customers left for the seller.. Admitted that I was too late to check feedbacks before placing the order... stated that  tracking number is not sufficient thing to decide that a parcel was delivered to right place , possibly raising some important issue that happened not  so frequently.. and Ebay resolved the appeal in my favour... thanks to all for supporting me in a struggle... And its good idea to check feedbacks ... Alex

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Glad you were refunded. OTOH, there is no way to tell if ebay ever puts the promised sanctions on bad actors, or pays any attention to anything that doesn't hit them significantly in the wallet.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I raised this issue also, softly, and ebay says they will review the seller's account... that's what I managed to get from them. Possibly, there are things that we, just simple buyers/sellers, are not aware of... I mean some ethics of a huge giant... not ours..

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

The same thing happened to me. The UPS tracking said it was delivered to my garage.  Why would they deliver a frying pan to my garage when a covered front porch is a foot away? No one has ever delivered something to my garage. Plus my security camera shows no record of any delivery on the day on the supposed delivery out the day before or after.  I can see the entire driveway and garage on the camera.  eBay closed the case because they said the seller provided tracking info that says it was delivered.  I got robbed in my opinion. 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Good day. Did you check reliability of the seller?? In case of fraud they might ship the package to wrong adds . The first thing I did I asked UPS about the addss that was on the package and gave them the addss I wanted the item to be shipped to.  UPS said that the addss on the package was different. The first sign of fraud.  Then I saw that there were many negative feedbacks saying that such things happened before with the seller. Collected all the info, blamed ebay of not considering my case thoroughly and they returned the money. I had to be a  lawyer in some way, just like in movies....

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@ohioerrn wrote:

The UPS tracking said it was delivered to my garage. 

Plus my security camera shows no record of any delivery on the day on the supposed delivery out the day before or after.

That was someone else's package, and it was delivered to their garage. Your seller just borrowed that tracking number to fake your delivery.

If you can get a signed letter from UPS saying it was someone else's package , eBay will pay you back themselves; your seller still keeps your payment.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Just happened to me as a buyer, seller took 9 days to upload tracking info, then within hours of uploading it was delivered @ 7:58pm by UPS. No packing found.
Called UPS today and it wasnt delivered to ME or my address however because of privacy issues they will not tell me the address it was delivered to. On top of this the package was 6lbs when the item was a 16oz bottle of car wax, which should have been less than 2lbs.
UPS will NOT give a statement or any documentation.
Any recourse?
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

The same thing happened to me. Working on getting documentation from UPS as proof. 

I'm finding this new scam is getting really common on eBay. 

Capture.PNG

Message 15 of 20
latest reply