cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to contact a seller re item received

I need to contact the seller of an item I have just received.  I have bought from them before no problems.      This time I think item is faulty, I know they take returns but don’t want to just send back without speaking to them.   EBay keeps saying I’m blocked but no idea why

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok I can do that.  The reason is that it is a laptop and it continually shows message wrong battery inserted will not charge.  Doesn’t seem to want to switch off properly either.   I will return with an explanation thanks 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@palval9 wrote:

I need to contact the seller of an item I have just received.  I have bought from them before no problems.      This time I think item is faulty, I know they take returns but don’t want to just send back without speaking to them.   EBay keeps saying I’m blocked but no idea why

Why do you "think" it may be faulty? Better to find out for sure.

When you have an issue with an item, it's best to communicate through the formal return process. You can comment on the item's deficiency, etc. so the seller will know why you are returning it during the process.

There is no reason to message the seller directly through the messaging system. It's useless to do so and can often create unwanted issues.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ok I can do that.  The reason is that it is a laptop and it continually shows message wrong battery inserted will not charge.  Doesn’t seem to want to switch off properly either.   I will return with an explanation thanks 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Click the blue "return this item" in your purchase history and select "item not as described".

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I messaged via the contact seller button which is they way I thought was the proper way.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply