cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it Ever Ship?!?

So, I have been with Ebay now for a couple of years, buying and selling. For the most part, I have always had a good experience on both sides of the coin as a customer and a seller, but I have encountered something new. Seven days ago, I had won an auction for an item, and I paid for it almost immediately, within a few seconds. That's one of my things on here, I often pay on the spot for the things I want. I had no communication with the seller until this morning, when he/she said that they were sorry for the delay, that my item will ship today. So, I am sitting here in my house, and it is after four p.m. Eastern time, which is the time zone that I live in, and my item still has yet to ship. So, seven full days now since paying and I can't even report anything to Ebay until tomorrow because it's still in their 'estimated shipping' and arrival time frame. I am more than confident that the seller has had my money now for a few days and perhaps has even spent it. As a seller myself, I have a three-business day processing time for all my orders, and I need every bit of it sometimes when my sales volume is up, but seven days, and perhaps more, since my item is showing no signs of shipping even now? Why is it necessary to do this to your buyers?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Will it Ever Ship?!?

This has to be frustrating for you, especially with your work ethic as an experienced seller.

But just have to remind you that there is no eBay requirement that any seller ship immediately.

The ONLY requirement is that the buyer receive his purchase on or a few days past that last estimated delivery date.  If that doesn't happen, you probably know how to open an INR case.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Will it Ever Ship?!?

One day past the last delivery date you can file an item not received case.  I would do so without delay. Your seller has had more than enough time to ship or explain.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Will it Ever Ship?!?

The seller is a new seller and does not have your payment yet. It will be held until tracking shows delivered, or in 21 days if there's no tracking.

Some new sellers are not aware of that and may be waiting for the payment to show up in their checking account before they ship.

You should never leave a negative before the transaction is complete and you have your item or a refund, yet you've let it before you can even file a dispute. That looks bad on your part.

Receiving a negative on their first sale is going to kill their future sales.  I would not have ruined a newbie who is making a typical newbie mistake. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply