cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to buy but can't pay!

I run a small outboard business. I use Pay Pal credit when I need a part. So now Pay Pal credit is no longer a option? I noticed this when I went to select payment options.  I tried several different vendors, same result. 

I went to the bank today a put the money in my linked checking account. Went back to buy the part, once again, no option for echeck!

I don't have nor do I want a credit card. I could transfer the money to my Pay Pal account but that takes days.

Should I just use Pay Pal and let it automatically take it from my checking account?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Trying to buy but can't pay!

Yes.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@marinermikes 

PayPal Credit is NOT something a seller can choose to offer.  Sometimes it shows up on a listing, and sometimes it doesn't.  eBay selects whether or not to present that to you up front.  I have seen it available sometimes on the "checkout page".   One must be 'approved' to select it though.  

A long time ago, I had a buyer that was really upset thinking I  (me the seller) offered this and then wouldn't let them use it.  

If you simply pay with PayPal, and have them draw the balance from your checking with no credit card on file,  you are likely going to be paying with an "e-check".  Though you will see the money drawn instantly, the seller is not going to get the money for a few more days. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

I run a small outboard business. I use Pay Pal credit when I need a part. So now Pay Pal credit is no longer a option? I noticed this when I went to select payment options.  I tried several different vendors, same result. 

I went to the bank today a put the money in my linked checking account. Went back to buy the part, once again, no option for echeck!

I don't have nor do I want a credit card. I could transfer the money to my Pay Pal account but that takes days.

Should I just use Pay Pal and let it automatically take it from my checking account?

Advice is to get a credit card on file with PayPal so it provides you with one more layer of protection.

Just saying....

You can just do it from checking but that removes a layer of protection if things go wrong.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Why not get a debit card for your business checking account and add it to PayPal?  The funds are quickly transferred to the seller who does not see the card info. Just keep a rolling balance in the account for those purchases.

You can transfer funds directly from your business checking account through PayPal, buy adding it as a payment method in PayPal, the only delay comes from ebay's mangled payments which happens with all payments for 1 to 2 days.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yep. Just spent two hours on the phone with Pay Pal. Got absolutely no where. Yea I could add a debit card. Doesn't solve the problem.

Not only can't I make purchases with pay pal credit I can't make a online payment! Pay Pal credit has disappeared from my Pay Pal homepage. 

I talked to several reps they all looked at my account I'm up to date. They said there is nothing wrong with my account and to just click on Pay Pal credit. There is no Pay Pal credit. No due date, no how much I owe, no how much I can borrow. Nothing. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I just used PayPal credit July 13th 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I just discovered that I can get into Pay Pal credit but only through my email invoices. Still can't buy with it. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply