cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trinkets

What are your thoughts on trinket items that are too low of a price to really complain about if not received. I purchased a trinket for around a dollar. I kept getting messages that it should arrive soon but now 5-6 months later I still haven't seen it.  I didn't really need it, just thought it was cute. The money is not that significant. 

Should I just forget about it?  or Is it a matter of principal?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Trinkets

I think a problem with small dollar amount items not received, is if you buy them frequently and they don't arrive frequently, opening INR on all the little missing things may wear out your welcome with the ebay guarantee.  Since we know that frequent complainers may get the boot, and we don't know what ebay's cutoff is, it becomes hazardous.   If you buy a big ticket item which goes missing, but because of numerous small INR filings you are denied coverage, that would chap my britches.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Trinkets

You could have opened a not received case as soon as the last estimated delivery date had passed by at least 24 hours.

It is too late to do that now through eBay, but if you paid via PayPal, you can open the case through them.  They allow 180 days.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

Why did you wait 5 to 6 months???  You don't have any recourse now.  Did you pay shipping in addition to the cost of the item??  If so your total cost is more than a $1.00.  Did the seller provide a tracking number for the item??  If so, you can find out if it was shipped, and where it ended up.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

All the while I kept recieving notices that it was delayed but in transit. I'm not going to fuss over a dollar, but was just wondering if other have had this sort of thing happen.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

Because that's how long it was drawn out. But Im ok . I just wanted to know for future reference.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

Your Initial message stated "Principal"... and "YES" you should have received your $1 Trinket...Not sure what the delay was all about... and the messages where did they came from???....Good Luck....😊😊

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

@njsmirk wrote:

What are your thoughts on trinket items that are too low of a price to really complain about if not received. I purchased a trinket for around a dollar. I kept getting messages that it should arrive soon but now 5-6 months later I still haven't seen it.  I didn't really need it, just thought it was cute. The money is not that significant. 

Should I just forget about it?  or Is it a matter of principal?

It's not a significant amount of money and for most of us, I think to complain about non-receipt, would not be something we would be prone to do. HOWEVER, multiply that dollar item by countless others that  most likely been done the same way, and that dollar could become a truly significant amount of "free money" for the seller that never sends the item(s). Whether it's $1.00 or $100.00, it's the same principle. A thief is a thief.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

I think a problem with small dollar amount items not received, is if you buy them frequently and they don't arrive frequently, opening INR on all the little missing things may wear out your welcome with the ebay guarantee.  Since we know that frequent complainers may get the boot, and we don't know what ebay's cutoff is, it becomes hazardous.   If you buy a big ticket item which goes missing, but because of numerous small INR filings you are denied coverage, that would chap my britches.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

I suspect the business plan of your seller is to post pictures of attractive items at a low price.

Don't bother actually having any stock

Get paid.
Mark item shipped, Surface/no tracking. (Which is cheap and marginally acceptable although slow)

Don't ship, because you don't have any stock (see above).

Pay eBay and Paypal fees, which are your only expenses promptly.

If a buyer complains, foist her off with polite excuses.

If a buyer opens a Dispute, refund immediately so eBay's bots are satisfied.

Keep the money from the suckers who did not open Disputes.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

Most of the items offered on ebay are not actual needs but nice to own.

When you purchase any item you are entitled to receive it or to have your payment refunded.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Trinkets

@njsmirk wrote:
Because [5-6 months was] how long it was drawn out.

5-6 months just doesn't seem like such a long time -- when it took you A YEAR AND A HALF to get back here to your thread:

Post #4: 05-02-2018 02:05:59 AM

Post #5: 09-18-2019 02:46:41 PM

Message 11 of 11
latest reply