cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking not updating

Hi,

I recently bought an item, but the tracking is not updating. I contacted the seller, and he kindly give me his tracking number he got on his USPS receipt. When looking on USPS website, it does say that the item has been received in Erlanger, KY. But, no updates so far on Ebay's tracking. I looked at parceltrack, PBI parcel tracking, and the only information given is: 

Tracking Details Uploaded   Oct 18 10:37 PM

The UPAAC tracking number is: 

UPAAC000000013605066

What should I do from now, to see where my shipment is? I contacted ebay, they told me they don't have more informations on it... I should be receiving my item tommorow or october 29th, but with no tracking updates I'm getting a bit worried that my shipment could be lost, or just stuck at ebay's warehouse...

Any thoughts on this situation?

Thank you..!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Tracking not updating

@eripaiemen0file an item not received case. You will get a refund. Your package hasn't been received or processed by the GSP apparently. Its weird that you have the GSP tracking number already but it shows here https://parceltracking.pb.com/ that it hasn't been received by the GSP. You probably won't get your item and the only resolution ebay provides is a full refund.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Tracking not updating

@eripaiemen0 wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought an item, but the tracking is not updating. I contacted the seller, and he kindly give me his tracking number he got on his USPS receipt. When looking on USPS website, it does say that the item has been received in Erlanger, KY. But, no updates so far on Ebay's tracking. I looked at parceltrack, PBI parcel tracking, and the only information given is: 

Tracking Details Uploaded   Oct 18 10:37 PM

The UPAAC tracking number is: 

UPAAC000000013605066

What should I do from now, to see where my shipment is? I contacted ebay, they told me they don't have more informations on it... I should be receiving my item tommorow or october 29th, but with no tracking updates I'm getting a bit worried that my shipment could be lost, or just stuck at ebay's warehouse...

Any thoughts on this situation?

Thank you..!

Try not to put the cart before the horse and don't worry about it. Wait until the estimated delivery date has come and gone and even then, I would give it a couple of more days before concerning myself about a "lost" pkg. At least you now it's in transit. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

I know, it's just that whenever I buy something online, I really love to track the shipment and see where it is now. It's just annoying that I cannot see what is going on with my shipment 😞

At least the seller seems to be very kind, I'm just not used to buy on ebay..

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

The Parcel Tracker website also says that the package has not yet been Processed at the Global Shipping Center.

You will just have to wait. It was updated late in the evening on Oct 18, so it hasn't even been 3 full business days yet. If something is wrong, they will contact you. Once they have processed the package, then you will start to see progress and you will be able to follow the tracking progress as it gets to you. Look out for a link to appear on that page, which will allow you to track it with  your local post office or courier as they deliver it to you.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

It makes no sense worrying before the latest delivery estimate because there is really nothing you can do before that date has passed. Ebay has the same information you have. The package was shipped to Pitney Bowes who run the global shipping program, you can look up their info and see if they can give you more info but they usually won't give out any info.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

Ref : What should I do from now, to see where my shipment is? I contacted ebay, they told me they don't have more informations on it... I should be receiving my item tommorow or october 29th, but with no tracking updates I'm getting a bit worried that my shipment could be lost, or just stuck at ebay's warehouse...

I may be wrong on this, I don't think ebay has a "warehouse" where packages are processed. eBay does not "track" packages. eBay posts the tracking information it gets through the carrier ... be it UPS, USPS, pigeon or other. Don't fret over something that has not happened yet. It's bad chi. What is the worse thing that can come from you not getting your pkg.? You can file an item not received case and get a refund. I suggest, until then, take a breath and find something else to do. Smiley Happy You may get it on time, afterall.

energy flows where attention goes

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

@mycarolinavintage wrote:

Ref : What should I do from now, to see where my shipment is? I contacted ebay, they told me they don't have more informations on it... I should be receiving my item tommorow or october 29th, but with no tracking updates I'm getting a bit worried that my shipment could be lost, or just stuck at ebay's warehouse...

I may be wrong on this, I don't think ebay has a "warehouse" where packages are processed. eBay does not "track" packages. eBay posts the tracking information it gets through the carrier ... be it UPS, USPS, pigeon or other. Don't fret over something that has not happened yet. It's bad chi. What is the worse thing that can come from you not getting your pkg.? You can file an item not received case and get a refund. I suggest, until then, take a breath and find something else to do. Smiley Happy You may get it on time, afterall.

@mycarolinavintage -- Yes, eBay does have the Global Shipping Program, which is what the OP is describing. The tracking number he provided is for the GSP. And they definitely have a warehouse. It's run by Pitney Bowes for eBay, so it's reasonable to say that would be "eBay's" warehouse.

@eripaiemen0 -- FYI, I see that you are in Canada, so the final delivery of your package will be handled by Canada Post. Once it is processed and clears customs, Pitney Bowes will hand it off to Canada Post, and there should be a link on the Parcel Tracker web site to go and track it on Canada Post.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

My point here is that there is no tracking details uploaded, even if the seller did ship the item to Erlanger. I just find weird that there is no tracking informations updated. Whenever I buy something online (other than ebay) I can track the item from the moment the waybill have been created. But right now, I have a tracking number that just state that there is a tracking number, nothing else. This is what I find worrying.

It might only be how ebay work..

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

Life being life, Canada Post announced a strike, starting yersterday :'(
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@mycarolinavintage -- Yes, eBay does have the Global Shipping Program, which is what the OP is describing. The tracking number he provided is for the GSP. And they definitely have a warehouse. It's run by Pitney Bowes for eBay, so it's reasonable to say that would be "eBay's" warehouse.

@eripaiemen0 -- FYI, I see that you are in Canada, so the final delivery of your package will be handled by Canada Post. Once it is processed and clears customs, Pitney Bowes will hand it off to Canada Post, and there should be a link on the Parcel Tracker web site to go and track it on Canada Post.

Thanks for the response. I know about the Global shipping program. I also know about Pitney Bowes ... several years ago, we used their equipment in our offices. I understand eBay has a shipping "center" in Kentucky and is partnered with PB to handle the global shipping for sellers on eBay. I just never think of it as a "warehouse". They don't store pkgs., they move packages. It's all in the perception. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

@eripaiemen0 wrote:
Life being life, Canada Post announced a strike, starting yersterday :'(

A rotating strike for 24 hours. Unless it has changed by now.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

@eripaiemen0 wrote:

My point here is that there is no tracking details uploaded, even if the seller did ship the item to Erlanger. I just find weird that there is no tracking informations updated. Whenever I buy something online (other than ebay) I can track the item from the moment the waybill have been created. But right now, I have a tracking number that just state that there is a tracking number, nothing else. This is what I find worrying.

It might only be how ebay work..

@eripaiemen0 There ARE tracking details uploaded. You wouldn’t have the tracking number from the GSP if the seller hadn’t shipped to them. You get the UPBA or whatever number when the GSP creates their label after they receive the package from the seller.

Isn’t Canada Post on strike? Maybe that’s the problem. The GSP hand walks your item through customs. And it goes to Canada Post. Maybe there’s a backlog because of the strike.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I know about the Global shipping program. I also know about Pitney Bowes ... several years ago, we used their equipment in our offices. I understand eBay has a shipping "center" in Kentucky and is partnered with PB to handle the global shipping for sellers on eBay. I just never think of it as a "warehouse". They don't store pkgs., they move packages. It's all in the perception. 

Well it’s all semantics but they actually do store packages there. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

@eripaiemen0

Just a rotating strike, only affecting 5 locations so far, I think.

I am watching this closely myself, because I bought a couple of items from a seller in Canada last week, and wanting to be nice, I gave him my place in Canada to ship to because he was offering free shipping to both Canada and the USA. Unfortunately, he was kind of slow getting them into the mail. I'm not affected by the strike so far, anyway.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Tracking not updating

Don't worry, just file an item not received after the last date of the estimated delivery timeframe.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply