cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The seller paid for the return fees then opened a case to get it back!

Hello everyone,

I have been going through a lot if headaches with a seller, so I have ordred a product that wasn't as described the seller was so rude when contacted, I have returned the product the seller agreed to pay the shipping costs, he sent me the costs to my Paypal and after few hours he sent me this:

"i have lost 25 usd + my shipping cost to you, please remove your feedback, or i will dispute the paypal in 24 hours"

He did opened a case on Paypal today, what should I do please?

where can I contact ebay to resolve this issue ?

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: The seller paid for the return fees then opened a case to get it back!

What kind of a case could a seller  possibly open with Paypal?

You received something that was not as described.  You opened an item not as described case with eBay.

Seller apparently sent you a prepaid return shipping label.  You returned the item? Have you been refunded?

Have you read the Money Back Guarantee?  

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

Seller sent OP $$ via PayPal, to cover the cost for OP to buy a return label themselves ... didn't send pre-paid label

Seller disputed the funds since it wasn't sent friends/family.

OP likely never opened a case on EBay.

Either way OP will likely be S.O.L. on the return label as EBay won't reimburse OP for return shipping b/c of this. Honestly hate to say it but Seller found a way to get buyer to essentially return on buyer's dime.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals,

What you need to do is login to your PayPal account then either reply to the claim the seller is making, which should be found by clicking on the bell symbol in the upper right corner of the page.  State that the eBay seller sent a misdescribed item and had to pay the return shipping cost.  If you click on the Help button scroll past the suggestions and click on the Resolution Center button.

You should also report the seller to ebay for posting the feedback that they did which is a policy violation.  Buyers can only receive positive feedback with a positive comment. Use the link below to do that.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022

On the first page use the blue Report seller button.

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username, select Other, then in the text box write:

The seller sent me a misdescribed item, and when I wanted to return it they sent the money to my PayPal account to pay the return shipping cost. Then they left me a positive feedback stating;

"will make a false claim item not working, ask for return to make you give up the item free for him because of return shipping fees usd 25 , this is the problem we need to face as a seller".  They have also threatened to open a PayPal dispute if I did not remove the feedback I left them in an ebay message. 

For future reference you should read the terms of ebay's money back guarantee (MBG).  Since you are located in Morocco if you joined ebay using (ebay.com) which is the U.S. based site the link below is to the policy.  If you joined ebay from the U.K., French or other European site. You need to search for that site's policy online. there should be a link to the policy on most ebay listing pages.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 57
latest reply

Did your return shipping you bought have tracking?  If it's a not received request you would put in the tracking 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals,

When I replied I didn't even consider to ask if you shipped the item with tracking, as myangel... mentioned.  If you did get tracking you need to send the seller the tracking number, in an ebay message and add it to a reply to the PayPal claim, in case they try to claim you did not use the funds they sent to return the item.   What was the reason why the seller opened the PayPal claim?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 57
latest reply

Apparently, you weren't happy with a purchase from this seller several months ago, why did you buy from them again?  Seller has 3 NEGS in the last 12 months, two of which are yours.   

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

Hi dear @mudshark61369

the seller opened the claim because I made I honest review about the product, so he threatened to either remove it or he will open a case in Paypal.

I did shipped and added the tracking number to the Ebay return page, and also sent the seller the receipt which shows the tracking number and the amount I have paid for the shipping. also added the tracking number and the receipt to the Paypal dispute he opened.

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Hello @tinsoldierunderground  yes indeed I wasn't happy with a previous purchase from the same seller before, but in the past month I have ordred 11 products, just two of them were not as excepted, one of them kept because it was acceptable, but for the last one I couldn't keep it even for free because it just doesn't work, and the seller reaction was so harrasing.

and also what made make more orders from the same seller is the fact that he is the only one who can ship this kind of products to my country.

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Hi @myangelandmyprincess 

yes I did shipped the package yesterday, the seller was willing to send me the shipping fees before sending the package and kept asking for my paypal email to send the fees, but told him I will tell him the exact amount to send and my paypal email right after I send the package, because I didn't wanted to take anything more than the shipping costs, and thats exactly what I have done, right after I put the package in the post office, I sent him the receipt showing his address, the amount I have paid, and the tracking number, also a photo of the package, and my paypal email.

he did indeed sent me the shipping costs right after I sent him the receipt, but after few hours he changed his mind, and this what he said:

"i have lost 25 usd + my shipping cost to you, please remove your feedback, or i will dispute the paypal in 24 hours"

and opened a case with paypal.

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

Here is what Ebay sent me after I have opened a case:

Contact the seller

Hi Anass,

Seller tungnetwork let us know that they can't buy a return shipping label for you to use for this item.

The seller is still responsible for return shipping costs, so contact them to arrange return shipping.

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

Thank you so much! I will do that

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals wrote:

Here is what Ebay sent me after I have opened a case:

Contact the seller

Hi Anass,

Seller tungnetwork let us know that they can't buy a return shipping label for you to use for this item.

The seller is still responsible for return shipping costs, so contact them to arrange return shipping.

The message from ebay is correct. Because you're in Morocco and the seller is in Singapore, he can't send you a Moroccan postal label. That's why you had to buy it and have him pay for it. 

Did he already open a "claim" with Paypal? If so, dispute it. 

Did your return get delivered? If so, you should have received a refund (included original shipping). If not, go back to the order and ask ebay to step in. 

Report the feedback that the seller left for you and ebay will remove it. Sellers aren't allowed to leave negative comments for buyers. 

MOST IMPORTANT: Stop buying from this guy and stop communicating. Do all communicating through the order/dispute.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

Thank you for your reply @albertabrightalberta 

Yes the seller did opened a claim with Paypal today here is what he said in the claim:

"he buy a product from me, than he make a false claim saying item defect hoping i give him my item for free , but i still give him shippping feees by paypal stating everything settle , by doing this i can reduce scammer, but he leave a bad feedback to me after i send him paypal payment n, not as what we agreed , he is putting sand on my rice bowl , i need to cancel this payment to him so we can get back to the deal "

He lies about my feedback, I wrote my feedback the day I have received the product, not after I returned it.

I did gave the package to the postal office yesterday, I except him to receive it between 20 and 30 days.

as you said I asked him to stop messaging me today because he is just harassing me, saying nothing important.

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Sorry you are going through that, but when the seller stated this: "i have lost 25 usd + my shipping cost to you, please remove your feedback, or i will dispute the paypal in 24 hours that is considering using feedback as demand or threat and is not allowed under e-bays policy. Big mistake on his part. I am right dealing with a seller who will not answer me after I bought a shower chair for my Mother who is 87. I made a mistake in buying a item that was for pick-up. The seller will now keep the money and item and nothing I can do because it is a legal binding contract "I agreed to pick up the item" Very unreal that they would not cancel the auction for a sweet old lady who needs the money to buy another one. Your case is different and I made a mistake that I really have no recourse. You will for sure be able to do something about it. Just learn everything you can here on E-bay to protect yourself!

Message 15 of 57
latest reply