cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in eBay/Paypal hell, please help

I bough a watch on eBay. The photos in the listing show a yellow color watch, I received a white color watch. I contacted the seller, but seller refused to take the item back and accept the return. I opened eBay case as item not described, but my case was denied. I wanted to appeal the case, but couldn't find a button to make an appeal.

I sent the item back to the seller because I have no use for it, and opened Paypal case. And then I decided to send a message to customer service as an appeal, with photos of the watch I received and tracking number, showing that I sent the item back to the seller. Paypal for some reason escalated my case, but then denied it, saying I'm not entitled to the refund. Then eBay sent me a message that I won my case on appeal and that I should get a refund in 24-48 hours.

I waited, but no refund arrived. I called eBay, they said wait some more, it's coming. I waited, but nothing. Then I did a chat with eBay, and they told me that's it's Paypal that's holding my money, and that I should talk to them. I contacted Paypal twice, and they both times said I'm not owed a refund because my Paypal case was denied.

So I  contacted eBay by chat several times, asking for help. They said that "the system" doesn't allow to give me a refund because I opened Paypal case, and that I should talk to Paypal. I told them that Paypal is refusing to give me a refund, and that was eBay who said I'm owed a refund, since item was not as described and I send the item back to the seller. I also asked to be referred to somebody in charge who can either override "the system" to reinstate my refund, or issue a new refund. To this date, I had no luck getting to such a person.

What should I do?? How do I get to a manager or something who can make the right decision?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Stuck in eBay/Paypal hell, please help

Once you filed the Paypal case, Ebay is no longer involved so no one on Ebay will help you.

Contact your credit card company to dispute the charges for the watch. You will need to prove that the returned item was received by the seller.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

But I  received the message from eBay that my refund is coming, why would they send this message??

I sent the watch back with signature, but tracking number says "refused" now.  Would it count? I have never got it back though it's been like 2 weeks, so I assume the seller kept it somehow.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mrv71,

When packages are refused, they do not get sent back by the same service used to send them originally.  They get the lowest priority service.  If you sent it using a USPS service you may still be able to open a missing package claim using the original tracking number to shake it loose from the system.

What type of dispute did you file when you first filed with eBay?

The proper way to file disputes is;

1) Through eBay (item not received or as described)

2) If the dispute is denied, file an eBay appeal where you can add more info.

3) PayPal 

4) your credit card provider if all else fails.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your answer. I filed eBay dispute "not as described", and that's what I won on the appeal.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@mrv71 wrote:

I filed eBay dispute "not as described", and that's what I won on the appeal.

That's the clearest path @mrv71 -- use the eBay appeal decision as proof to  file an online chargeback at your card issuer's website that you haven't received the promised full refund:

Chargeback Select reason I'm expecting a credit.jpg

Avoid rehashing the "not as described" dispute at either eBay or PayPal, as that might confuse your card issuer and waste their time.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@mrv71 wrote:

I sent the item back to the seller because I have no use for it,

What should I do?? 

Do? Nothing.

You did absolutely everything out of sequence so if you every see your money back it would surprise most all of us.

ALSO...fer real:

How on Earth did you get a SNAD denied?

I mean you had to do something rather extraordinary to be denied or you aren't explaining it to us properly.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply