cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Photos

I recently purchased a lot of CD's abnd DVD's on Ebay. when arrived there were no CD's as listed in the picture.  contacted the seller, she stated that stock photos were allowed on Ebay. Can't believe this is true.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Stock Photos

Indeed this is very true for any kind of physical media item.  Unfortunately, it makes it rather easy for sellers to misrepresent what they have as it seems this seller has done with you (have you filed for a return/refund for this for INAD?  The buyer guarantee ebay offers should allow you a complete refund without issue).  And with the partial media sales that are just only getting more popular on here (I posted about this sorting problem here.), it's just making it so much more perilous to buy media on ebay.

I certainly hope this clarity issue gets addressed very soon by ebay.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Stock Photos

Open an Item Not As Described case and get your money refunded.

And, by the way, if the CDs/DVDs were used, stock photos were in violation of eBay policy, which  allows for stock photos only  on new items.

POLICY:  "When selling a used, refurbished, or flawed item, you must include photos of the actual item for sale instead of a stock photo."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy?id=4346

-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Stock Photos

@maxine*j wrote:

POLICY:  "When selling a used, refurbished, or flawed item, you must include photos of the actual item for sale instead of a stock photo."

The odd part of this is that ebay helpfully fills a stock photo in on listing *any* media item of any condition.  Which says something totally different than this policy.

Course a lot of the problem on ebay is that none of the policies like this are enforced - or are only enforced on certain sellers.  "One rule for thee and none for me." as it were, with the big sellers on here.  Of course, if one were to start reporting, you'd have to report millions of listings.  Which just isn't going to happen.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Stock Photos

Oh, yeah.  Nealy all eBay policies are vaguely written and arbitrarily enforced, mostly by bots. 

Twenty millions sellers and a billion and a half listings on any given day means very little actual human oversight of any sort and a reliance on mostly primitive bots and a few bots powered by primitive AI.

-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Stock Photos

BELIEVE IT!

Fleabay only cares about 1 thing - collecting fees from sellers. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply