cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with disingenuous seller and waiting on a refund

Hello,

I've dealt with a disingenuous seller whom I won an auction from and ever since has been a nightmare. Long story short he ghosted me after my purchase, I opened a case with eBay because the item never came. He then sent the wrong item and ghosted me after opening a return. He finally accepted the return and the item delivered yesterday.

I'm wanting to know what happens next. At the moment, it says he is inspecting the item and I should have my money by July 20th. However, if he doesn't issue my money back will I have the option to have eBay step in to handle it? At the moment, I don't see any option to engage eBay. I'm also not sure if the money is automatically transferred to me at this step. But want to have my ducks in a row as this seller has tried everything under the sun to make things miserable for me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did the seller send a return label through eBay? If so, the tracking number should have automatically uploaded to the case. Once that tracking number shows delivered to the seller eBay should automatically refund your money. I think that can take a couple days.

If, however, the seller didn't go through the eBay case to send the return label you'll need to manually enter the tracking number into the case details.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello thanks for the reply

Yes the return label was made through eBay and the item shows the "delivered" status and says I should receive my money by July 20th. I was just unsure because it also shows "The seller is inspecting the item"

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The seller is supposed to have three days to inspect the item, but they will probably refund you before then. If not, the option to ask Ebay to step in should show up then.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 4
latest reply