cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So easy to have negative feedbacks removed it seems

I don’t know if other buyers have notified this with their bad sellers .... but one seller was able to somehow ERASE ALL OF HIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS FOR THE LAST 6 months off eBay just today!! When I checked yesterday my negative feedback along with many others were still on his profile and today when I looked he has ZERO negatives for the entire last 6 months. 

This is a very serious integrity issue with eBay. Amazon was recently found guilty of employees being paid off to remove negative feedbacks. Now I’m afraid that eBay May have the same issue — I’ve seen many eBay sellers able to easily appeal and get negative feedbacks removed so easily. Often they intimidate and trick the offshore eBay support representative — This is very concerning as the feedback system was meant to protect potential buyers from encountering bad sellers. 

What is ebay doing about address this Negative feedback removal issue?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@tinyaaron,

eBay has been removing negative feedback for high volume sellers, depending on if they feel the issue may have been Covid related.  Though removing 6 months worth of feedback at one time is something I haven't seen yet.  If they had a high volume of negatives removed, look at the neutral comments. Most should be negatives but people these days are reluctant to leave negatives for some reason. Frankly, I would buy from a different seller.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It's usually very hard to get feedback removed. A seller has to prove that a buyer violated ebay policies. And proof can be hard to get.

But, yes, they're more forgiving now given the pandemic - as they should be. You don't say why you left the negative but maybe the problem could have been explained by the seller suffering consequences because of the virus? This could explain slow shipping or poor packaging, for examples.

Sorry you had this experience and good luck in the future!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Slow shipping I can understand. Poor packing, OTOH, is directly under the seller's control and things should be sufficiently packaged so as not to be damaged in shipping, COVID or no COVID.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It's pure **bleep**. I just had a negative feedback removed I left. All I said was 'non-delivery. took over a week to receive refund. nothing but excuses'. And today it was removed. I guess because the seller is a high volume seller. How wonderful.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Taking a trip to the local office supply store isn't an option for many in these times. A lot of people are stuck with whatever they have at home to pack with.

We order our packing material in bulk, far ahead of time. But we're a fairly large seller. Small sellers don't really have that option.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Unfortunately, without being privy to the feedback that you left it is not possible for us to determine if it somehow violated eBay's feedback policy.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I'm coming to the conclusion that many, if not most, of the buyers who have had negative feedback removed ran afoul not of bad wording or forbidden topics, but the current ebay policy of extreme leniency on feedback removal. A lot of the buyers who come through here are experienced enough to know the proper format, but have feedback removed anyhow.  Bad sellers are taking great advantage of this to purge their records.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Personally, I think that when you resolve the conflict,  get your money back without involving ebay and then still neg the seller, is even bigger integrity issue.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@tinyaaron wrote:
I’ve seen many eBay sellers able to easily appeal and get negative feedbacks removed so easily. Often they intimidate and trick the offshore eBay support representative

What is your basis for claiming sellers "often intimidate and trick offshore ebay support reps"?

How often do they do this?

Posting ID
Message 10 of 10
latest reply