cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTAWATCH...... I need advice

I recently bought a bunch of INSAWATCH codes for movies.  No problems with the transaction. No problems getting them to load to Vudu. Now Vudu has removed all the movies that I bought on Ebay supposedly because the email from the seller's receipt and my email do not match.  Apparently the instawatch codes are not supposed to be sold. I did not know this when I purchased them.  Also there have been scams where someone buys a movie from Walmart, sells the instawatch code, and then returns the movie. This also nullifies the code and Vudu removes it. I don't know what really happened in my case. I do know I am out over $100.00 and I can't get two of the sellers to respond to my emails. Any ideas how I can recoup my losses with these sellers?  Vudu customer (horrible) service is no help at all.  Do you think Ebay  or Paypal  guarantee would be in my favor, or would I be waisting my time? I know I am not the only one this has happened to. Thanks for listening......

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Paypal and ebay don't cover digital delivered by email goods. If you paid by credit card, contact your card company. Many offer some protection of their own. If not, how was it delivered? If it was mailed to you you might stand a chance.  If not, you can try and file an item not as described case. Just don't hold out too much hope.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@pushover39 

Contrary to the statement made in the previous post, PayPal's buyer protection does indeed cover intangible (digital) goods. File a claim for a refund with PayPal . . .

Message 3 of 3
latest reply